Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy mamas day to us…

On this, our second mom(s) day, our afternoon was spent enjoying some delicious filet mignon, grilled scallops, fresh green beans, marinated shrimp, sautéed mushrooms and pie.  As I’ve bragged before, my wife is a master griller and a Mother’s Day menu doesn’t get much better than this!  My mom is in Vancouver, B.C. visiting my sister, so I was without her yesterday but Georgia’s mom was able to join us for lunch so we weren’t completely missing our mama bears.  Gracie was able to Skype with her Nani and auntie Missy yesterday morning and while I would love to share those pictures, we Skyped first thing in the AM, in our jammies sans any make-up or brushing of the hair… my mom and sis would kill me if I shared those pictures (even though they’re totally cute)!

Fast forward a few hours and…

Our evening was later spent cleaning baby vomit, mopping floors, washing clothing and bedding caught in the crossfire all while doing our best to bring Gracie’s fever down.  It was the weirdest thing, she was totally fine and just as happy as ever all morning and afternoon, but once the evening came she was suddenly sick.  My sweet girl had a bit of a fever right before she spilled her cookies but thankfully was able to finally fall asleep around 10pm.  Georgia and I tried to sleep as well but we were both too worried about what was going on with her to really get rest. 

Come 3am Gracie cried out so loudly it sent me flying out of bed and down the hall.  She was burning up and G was panicked.  We ran a tepid bath while calling our 24 hour nurse line and were told that they were getting slammed with calls by concerned parents of feverish babies.  Something is obviously going around and with all the family parties and entertaining we’ve been doing, who knows what got her sick? 

Our little gal was crying so hard she was covered in snot and I feared she was going to make herself sick again from just the crying alone.  Because of this, following her bath she came to bed with us.  She was too upset to sleep so we fed her small pieces of ice while we colored in bed.  By about 4:30am she was back asleep and Georgia and I were back to tossing and turning.  I had to wake 2 hours later to get ready for work and I am now at work doing my best to function on 4 hours of sleep...

The most important thing is that Grace is now doing much better.  She hasn't gotten sick again and her fever has gone back down.  They say that parenting is a 24/7, 365 day job and that definitely felt true for us last night.  I think it's safe to say, we've earned our Mother's Day survival badges. ;)

4 comments:

  1. YUM ! Glad you had such a great mothers day.

    Wondering how you and the wife are doing ? I hope good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are good days and bad. Yesterday and today ended pretty rough. I need a night out with friends. Or a date night or something... I seriously can't remember the last time we went on a date. :(

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry Gracie was sickly on Mother's Day! :( Sounds like you had an alright day though before that! I'm glad to hear she's feeling better! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...