Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baby G’s first PRIDE!


Grace is asleep right now and she’s been ready for bed since around 6:30pm.  She was completely exhausted and will likely remain sleeping for the next 13 hours or so (which is one of the perks of a busy day, I get to sleep in too)!  After her day in the sun, amongst the excitement of people cheering, children playing and rainbow flags for as far as the eye could see, I don’t blame her for being pooped because I am too!  Today was baby girl’s first Pride and she had an absolute blast.  Pride is something that me and G have been looking forward to attending as a family since last year so we were pumped that we finally made it. :)

For Pride last year, we wanted nothing more than to take our beautiful gal to the festivities but unfortunately she was just 3 months old and only weeks away from her cleft lip surgery.  We had made it 3 months without Grace catching anything and we knew we had to make it just a few more weeks without her getting sick because if she did, we would have to postpone her surgery.  This meant that participating in super fun festivities with lots of people (like Pride) was out of the question. 

 

Fast-forward a year and not only did we finally make it, but we were joined by my BF and her little gal, Olivia who is Gracie’s same age.  They just happened to be in town for a visit so the timing was perfect.  A few other friends joined us as well and together we watched the parade with two very excited little girls.


The entire parade Gracie sat happily perched in her carrier shouting, “Yay! Yay! Yay!” over and over.  It was the cutest thing to watch.  She pointed at everything and waved back to the people on floats who waved at us.  G was able to snag a set of Pride beads for Grace, which made her the happiest baby in town.  I really was proud of the girls.  They made it 2 hours in the sun without a problem.  They were excited and fuss-free.  Such good little gals!


We decided that we would skip the activities at the fair grounds later in the day because it was past lunchtime and we were all starved.  A delicious lunch + mimosas + a much needed naptime (for the babies and the mamas) brought our first Pride as a family to a close.  It was pretty sweet. :) 

  
Oh, and guess what else?  I got a YES!  I finally ovulated today on CD33!  Is it weird that I ovulated that late?  Everything I’ve read says that most women ovulate around CD14.  In either case, I’m still just so pumped that I got a yes.


Happy Pride friends!

9 comments:

  1. Soooo exciting! This is one of the things I dream of when I think of having kids-taking them to pride to celebrate our awesome family. She looks like she is having a blast and that hat is too dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be you guys next year, times TWO! She had so much fun but only ended up sleeping for 11 hours, lol. Once your little babies arrive, you'll see how much you appreciate the nights when they get tons of sleep. I'm able to get so much more done. ;)
    Happy Pride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris has ovulated as late as CD34....so I still say YAY to ovulation, no matter the day :)

    Grace looks like she was having a blast at pride!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!! I feel so much better hearing that. I gave up hope that it would come and then I was worried because it was so late...

      Delete
  4. Happy Pride! It looks like you guys had an awesome time. We celebrated pride in Toronto this weekend as well. The girls had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the girls had fun! Can't wait to see pics. :)

      Delete
  5. I laughed when I read that she kept saying "Yay! YaY! Yay!" Thats what I want to say when I watch a parade! Ha!
    I'm so glad that ya'll had a wonderful day! What a difference a year can make! : )
    And yay! Yay! Yay! for ovulating!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for ovulating is right! Woot! It's crazy how much these kids of our grow in just one years time!!!

      Delete
  6. I've never been to pride. In the 10 years K and I have been together, we have just never gone. I'm not sure why! This post is beautiful, though, thanks for sharing your experience! Gracie is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...