Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baby’s 1st Sushi!

As you can see in these pictures, Grace LOVED it!  G thought she was going to have a hard time with the seaweed but she munched almost an entire roll without a problem.  I’m a fan of sushi but I don’t love it nearly as much as Georgia does.  Giving up the yummy stuff was actually one of the things G had the hardest time going without during the pregnancy, so you can imagine how excited she was to have Gracie try it out.  We figured waiting until month 15 was plenty old enough, so today we went for it.  I’m so excited to know that we can now go out to sushi dinners as a family, yay! :)        

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE sushi too. Jenn doesn't eat it at all unfortunately, so going for sushi means making sure there is "boring" chicken teriyaki on the menu ;) The girls love fish and have tried sashimi before. Grace looks like she is LOVING it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few friends that need the "boring chicken teriyaki" too, haha. We started with a California roll with Grace but I've since talked with our Ped. and she assured me that salmon, tuna and any white fish are totally fine too at this age. The only thing we'll have to wait to try when she's between 2-3 years is shellfish. Tuna is my personal favorite so we’ll definitely be trying that next. :)

      How did the girls like sashimi?

      Delete
  2. Yay for the willing pallet of such a young diner.
    If I liked sushi...I imagine I'd share in the excitement of her eating sea stuff. I'm thrilled if my kids will eat stuff like blueberries and cantaloupe. :) ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I was so surprised! I get super excited when Grace goes for the healthy stuff too. ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...