Thursday, July 11, 2013

29/52: It’s taken me 16 months…

But I’m finally starting Gracie’s baby scrapbook!  This is one of those things that I’ve put off and put off, but now that I’m home during the day, there’s no time like the present.  Speaking of being home, this whole SAHM thing has been a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  Don’t get me wrong, getting to spend more time with Grace was one of the highlights of my current situation, however I was worried that I would get cabin fever (as I usually do on the weekends) and that I would go nuts not being around other adults everyday.  So far it’s not so bad.


We decided to continue sending Grace to her grandma and grandpa’s house twice a week.  We’re doing this for a couple of reasons.  1.) They would miss her like crazy if they didn’t get to see her during the week considering they already start missing her come Sunday on the weekends… 2.) We want to try and keep some routine so that when I do go back to work it’s not a total change for her.  3.) This gives me the opportunity to get tons of much needed stuff done around the house, and 4.) Grace doesn’t really let me get on the computer when we’re together.  The minutes she sees me open my laptop she runs over and yells, “UP! UP! Pleeeeeeassse!”  As you can imagine, it would be difficult to find a job online with my little one glued to my leg. ;)

So far I’ve done a ton of work in the yard.  I’ve cleaned out my closet and between Georgia and I; we filled two big trash bags with clothing that we’ve since donated.  I’ve begun cleaning out drawers and cabinets throughout the house and man did they need it.  Sometimes I feel like we’re drowning in “stuff” and I’m feeling the need to purge!  I’ve also started a few photo projects.  I’m hoping to finish filling Gracie’s Wish Box so that I can close it up (to be opened when she’s 18)!  I just need to add some baby photos that I ordered yesterday and that project will be finished.  Another project I’m working on is the entryway photo collage.  You may remember me posting about this project back in March and writing that it’s something I started in December... Yikes.  I have the frames and the prints, I just need to actually fill the frames and hang them.  I swear, at times I take procrastination to an entirely different level.  Other than that, I hope to finish her baby scrapbook while I have this time off.  If I can get it done before she turns two I will be oh-so proud of myself, ha!

I’ve worked since I was 13 years old, so even though it’s only been 11 days since my last day of work, it feels like I’ve been off for WEEKS.  I’m definitely not used to it yet.  Here’s hoping that I find employment before I do get used to it…

For now, I’ll leave you with this silly video of my gal doing her “fake laugh”.  Lately, anytime Georgia and I are talking about something funny and start laughing, Grace joins in on the convo and laughs along with us.  She really has no idea what we’re laughing about but still wants to join in on the fun.  She’s such a nut. ;) 

4 comments:

  1. I am still just in awe at the kind of support you get from your family. How absolutely wonderful is that.
    I don't hope you find a job. I hope you get completely lost in being a SAHM. I think you're too good at it to not be one :)
    and as soon as baby #2 comes around.....there won't be daycare money left ! just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K, they are pretty amazing. You need to hope I find a job because I NEED to find a job, lol. We've done the budgeting and with my savings + my severance, I have enough to supplement what I was making through December. The only problem is that my "savings" is also known as my "adopt Gracie fund". If I use it to be a SAHM, I'll need to start all over with saving. Her medical bills kept me from saving much in the first year (which is why I'm not legally her mama already). I just want to get that whole process finish so badly.

      Delete
  2. K hit the nail on the head! Lol. After 3.5 years as a SAHM, I can say that it really does get easier and is so much fun. Some people are cut out for it and some are not....I think you are. And yes, it saves on daycare money :)

    PS-I gave up on the baby book scrapbooking when Little Monster was about 6 months old :/ GO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was one of the people not cut out for it, so I'm surprised that it's going better than I thought it would. Keep in mind, it's hasn't even been two weeks yet, ha! Thankfully we don't pay for daycare. G's parents are both retired and have been waiting for a grandchild for 15 years so they are over the moon to be with her during the week. Thank god for them.

      Good for you for even starting LM's scrapbook when he was a baby. Trying to go back and do a years worth of scrapbooking is a lot of work. Work, but so fun too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...