Friday, August 30, 2013

35/52: So, this happened today…


I have now married this woman three times in three different countries.  Clearly she’s a keeper.  Thank you, New Mexico.


And thank you to our moms for standing as our witnesses.  We are so blessed to have you both in our lives!


And thank you to auntie Anna who works at the County Clerk's Office and signed off on our marriage license.  It made it all that much more special.


Nani entertaining the bean during the hours we were waiting to marry. :)


I can’t believe that less than a week ago this didn’t even seem like a possibility.  It still doesn’t seem real.  Oh happy day. :)

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!!! I 100% thought of you the second that I saw in the news that New Mexico was allowing same sex marriages on a county by county basis. Still a long way to go for all states acceptance and nowhere close to accomplishing it in our home state, but I get giddy with joy every time someone I know gets to sign on the dotted, and very legal, line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda! It was pretty amazing. You never know... Your state could be next! If you told me that this was going to happen a week ago, I wouldn't have believed you.

      Delete
  2. YAY! Totally thought of you guys when I saw the New Mexico news as well. Its weird how great that marriage license is even if you already had your real wedding :) Here's to hoping the rest of the states follow suite soon! - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though. I totally get how great it feels now that we've experienced getting legally hitched in the states.

      Delete
  3. Yay ! Another date to celebrate on the calendar every year. I am once again in awe of you r sweet families and all of their support. Congratulations. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I love that 1st picture! So special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so so so happy for you guys! I'm so very glad to read this! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you don't expect 3 wedding presents from me!!! ;)
    Congrats you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even know about New Mexico! Congrats! This is awesome :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone! We still can't believe that it actually happened!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...