Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Sweetest Sound

When the bean first started talking she called both Georgia and I, “mum”.  That name eventually evolved to mum for Georgia and “ma” for me, but ma only stuck around for a few weeks.  I was so excited to be called “ma” but as quickly as it came it was replaced with “ba”.  Yes, ba… I’m not sure where Gracie came up with that one but she did and it stuck.  For the past two months now the bean has called me ba.  Georgia thought it was hilarious and at one point told me, “Maybe that’s just the name she’s given you”.  I of course wasn’t too happy with that because I’m her mom and wanted so badly to have a name that was some variation of that.

Well my friends, my day has come!  A few weeks ago Gracie started calling me “mama” and she says it perfectly AND it completely melts my heart.  Our smart gal seems to have become a conversational wizard in recent weeks and can (as of last month) name all the people she sees on a weekly basis.  She can say mommy, mama, Nani (my mom), papa (G’s dad), gaga (G’s mom), Ozzie (the family dog) and can almost say her cousins names.  We’ve all loved hearing her call out our names and have harassed her to repeat them time and time again!  Here is a little clip I took yesterday at my cousin’s bridal shower of the bean saying MAMA. :)


{The bridal shower was beautiful!  Auntie M really outdid herself and Gracie totally hammed it up and had a great time.  Here are a few pictures of our day.  Congratulations C&R!}


{You can’t tell in this picture but Grace was filthy!  She is a bit of a tomboy and spent most of the evening playing on the basketball court… and playing in the dirt in auntie M’s garden… and chasing the dog under tables and throughout the backyard, lol.}


{Making new friends!  These two little gals were the only babies at the shower so they got lots of love.}


{Nani won one of the shower games and picked a Barbie for Grace.  How cute is it that Barbies were shower prizes, ha?!  This was baby girl’s 1st Barbie.  Thank you, Nani!} 

10 comments:

  1. You've received the most prestigious Liebster Award!

    http://theadventuresofkari.blogspot.com/2013/08/ive-been-liebstered.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kari! What a fantastic way to start the week!

      Delete
  2. That is seriously the cutest thing EVER! I also think it is safe to say that little miss Gracie has Nani wrapped around her itty bitty pinky finger ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, she totally does! It's a mutual obsession. ;)

      Delete
  3. It's super awesome when they get a name for you, isn't it! Mine is pretty darn boring "Mom" lol - but I have a name and it's evolved from Dada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, mom is way better than dada given your role, ha! I'm just glad I didn't stay "ba". Who wants to be ba?!

      Delete
  4. Nani is HOT ! Like super young looking beautiful.
    That said....the only thing cuter than Nani in this video is Gracie talking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I would have to say that my ma is even more beautiful on the inside. She's a great example of faith, she is a HUGE philanthropist and a wonderful Nani. We are so blessed to have her.

      Delete
  5. She is so stylish I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...