Thursday, August 8, 2013

The TTC #2 non-update, update…

Not much to report on our TTC #2 efforts but there is some so I thought I would share.  G and I had my follow-up appointment with the RE last week and while it was super quick it was informative.  Georgia had to drop the bean off at my mom’s prior and ended up getting to our appointment late so she missed the consultation portion with our RE.  It was no biggie though because curiously enough all he wanted to do was talk about my lay-off in June.  He wanted all the details, which was pretty funny.  We discussed the recent disappearance of my period and because it’s been MIA since late May, he attributed it to work stress since I was pretty regular the 8 months before.  No shocker there.  I have been pretty damn stressed.

Georgia arrived right before my ultrasound (thankfully) because I wouldn’t want to do that alone and the u/s confirmed that I’m probably not going to get a period this month either.  Damn you, lady parts!  We talked with Dr. C about my OPK’s and how they’ve been all over the place and he basically said that OPK’s are unreliable and I shouldn’t worry about it.  He thinks that our plan of action will likely involve Clo.mid and Proges.terone right off the bat, which is what I kind of figured he would say. 

So now the ball’s in our court and Dr. C is going to just wait to hear from us to get things going.  Georgia and I both agreed that we’re not going to do anything until I’ve accepted a permanent position.  So for now, we wait and wait some more. Blah, blah, blah…

In other exciting news, I’m going through a bit of depression.  Nothing that would require meds but I have felt rather blue these past two months.  I try to be a positive person and if you’ve followed my blog for some time now, you likely think I’m a super happy positive person 24/7, which is not always the case.  I’m more of a pessimist/realist and I tend to slip into negativity easily so I try to always be aware of it.  When the lay-off happened 5 weeks ago, the days that followed were horrible.  Since then I’ve tried focusing on the positives… G still has a job, I have enough savings to supplement my income through November, our little gal is happy and healthy and while our TTC efforts have been put on hold, we have an amazing daughter to cuddle every day and that makes all the difference.  With that being said, I still have tough days (more often in the past two months than ever before) and then I feel bad about feeling bad.  It’s a vicious cycle.  I’m almost afraid that if I allow myself to feel sad or angry or stressed, more bad things will happened because I’m not being thankful for what I’ve been blessed with.  I’m going to blame my Catholic upbringing for these mixed emotions… ;)

I started job searching last week and I had my first interview today.  I’m thinking it went pretty well because they called an hour later to schedule a second interview!  I’ve submitted two other applications that I’m waiting to hear back on so here’s hoping I find something by the end of the month.  August 30th is the deadline I’ve set for myself… fingers crossed.

Anyway, that concludes my random, “Debbie Downer” of a post.  Thanks for listening. :)


And thank goodness for this little cutie!  Yes, those are my underwear on her head… that’s what I get for trying to fold laundry while she was still awake, haha!

11 comments:

  1. Oh hun, I'm sorry things are so hard right now - I've been made redundant twice over the last few years, and have a history of depression to work through as well, so can definitely relate.

    Just hang in there as I know you are - it sounds like your lovely wife and daughter are supportive and understanding, and that really makes all the difference.

    We have everything crossed that you get another job soon, so you can get on with this making a little brother or sister for little G business! :)

    Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Georgia is very supportive and Grace gives me kisses at all the right times, love them! At the end of the day we really are blessed. I'm trying to focus on that right now. I'm sure things will turn around soon... they have to!

      Delete
  2. I pray you get the job! It's okay to feel down and deal thru it....that's life. That's reality. I'm glad you're at least mindful of how/why you're feeling the way you do. This too shall pass....and the sun WILL come out again. Keep us posted about your NEW job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This too shall pass - I live by that right now. I'll be sure to update everyone when I hear something. Thank you for the prayers.

      Delete
  3. I think all that you are feeling is completely normal. You are going through a really rough patch. Please know that we are cheering you on. I know you will get a job very soon. My fingers are crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catholic quilt. Oh how I knew thee well. Sending you the best of luck with the job and baby #2 endeavors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love that Catholic guilt. ;)

      Delete
  5. What doesn't kill us...right?
    I think you guys should just relocate to Hawaii. There's a Univ. of Phoenix here!! I think.
    And plus Grace needs the beach and shave ice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister! You have no idea how much I would love to move us to Hawaii! Grace does need to shaved ice in her life (as do I).

      Delete
  6. Catching up on my blog reading--first of all, I love your haircut! So cute! And the TTC stuff is hard, even without having to deal with wonky periods and being laid off. It would be weird if you WEREN'T feeling a little depressed. But I'm sure that you'll find a new job that's better than the old one, and that your RE will get you on track to make Grace a little sibling. It's just the waiting that sucks, and feeling like you have no control (well, that's how I feel, anyway). Also, just FYI, I changed blogs. My new one is tomakefire.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...