Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What’s in the box?

The past week has been rather productive if I do say so myself!  Job interviews, yard work, scrapbooking, play dates and crafting have consumed my days and it’s been fun.  I’m about 17 pages in on baby girl’s scrapbook and her "Wish Box" is finally finished as of this afternoon...  Considering I made it back in January I'm going to consider this a better late than never situation.  Ha!  Gracie’s Wish Box has been one of the most enjoyable things I’ve ever made for her.  Gathering items for her Wish Box has required me to go through tons of pictures, re-read birthday cards, collect mementos saved from her first year and write some special messages of my own.  It’s been a fun and emotional walk down memory lane.


Now that I’m finished and feel super happy with how it turned out, I thought I would share.  So without further ado, here are the items Grace will look through on March 7th, 2030 – at her 18th birthday party. :)

A few favorite “baby’s first holiday” outfits.

The beautiful little romper Grace wore on her first Easter Sunday.

Her first teenie tiny Dallas Cowboy's jersey.  Go Cowboys!

Favorite little chewy, the first cloth diaper we purchased for her and her first pair of Nike’s.

“One Month of Gracie” onesie and “Twelve Months of Gracie” onesie.

The outfit she wore in our first family photos.  It came all the way from Kitson in Beverly Hills, CA.  Fancy ;)

Baby girl’s birth announcement.

Her first bathing suite and jellies.  I heart jellies!

Monthly pictures with milestones written on the back of each.  A few family photos from our first shoot and growth stickers from Gracie’s well-baby visits.

First birthday party outfit and baby clown shoes.  She looked so stinkin cute in this getup complete with her bright red tutu!

Circus party decorations and party favors.

First birthday picture banners.

Photo albums with first birthday professional pictures and birthday party pictures.

Birthday cards from friends and family including the very special letter Gracie’s 95 year old great, great grandma sent her to say thank you for sharing her first birthday with her and my great, great grandpa.  At 95 and 93 years old, I know they won’t live forever.  In 17 years when Gracie opens her Wish Box, I hope she feels that she still and always will have a little piece of them.  

And last and most importantly, Gracie’s wishes written from all those who love her most.  I’m so glad everything fit in the box.  I really didn’t think that it was going to.  We’re waiting on two more “wishes” from baby girl’s uncle Dean and auntie Missy before gluing the lid shut and packing it away for the next 17 years.    

6 comments:

  1. I love this! Totally will "pin" this to do in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest idea! I've got an ongoing box of cards and whatnot (all the hospital bracelets, her first lock of hair, etc) but it didn't occur to me to do an annual one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea. I'm going to steal it! We have a box of all the boys "stuff" but this is a much better way to organize it! Your box turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best idea. Love that she has it to open when she's 18.
    Good work mom. Be careful...staying home might start to feel like your new normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very much in awe of you right now! As usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks gals! It was a super fun project and I hope she loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...