Thursday, September 26, 2013

*Bobblehead Birthday Girl*


My little sis is officially 30 years old, which means I too am going to be another year older in less than a month – boo!  Why can’t we both stay 21 forever?!

Georgia and I wanted to do something extra special for the birthday girl with this being her 30th and all, so about a month ago we began brainstorming ideas to celebrate the monumental occasion.  Looking back on how yesterday turned out, I would have to say that her birthday surprise was a HUGE success!

My sis is a bit of a world traveler.  She’s lived in two different countries and three states in her 30 years, so she has close friends all over the globe.  With that being the case and with us knowing that it was logistically impossible for her to celebrate her b-day with all her peeps in Vancouver, B.C. we decided, why not bring her to them!

This brought about the creation of the “bobblehead birthday girl” or “Mini-Missy” as we came to call it.  Thanks to my super talented tech-savvy wife, our Mini-Missy was born!  After weeks of tracking all of M’s closest friends and gathering their contact information along with close family, instructions and a bobblehead birthday girl were mailed out earlier this month.  Missy had no idea that any of this was happening until the first of 54 pictures was posted by yours truly on her FB wall the night before her birthday (shown above).  From that moment on she was flooded with personalized pictures of family and friends “celebrating” with their Mini-Missy!  All together we ended up having about 70 people participate, which was way more than we expected!

I know she LOVED it and my hope is that it reminded her of just how special she is to SO MANY people! 

Now for the good stuff

Here are some of the pictures that were shared on Facebook…


And here are a few more that were shared on Instagram because let’s face it – some people are just too cool for FB, haha. ;)


Happy 30th birthday sister bear.  We LOVE you with all our hearts.

Cheers to the next 30!


14 comments:

  1. You two are so thoughtful & so creative!!! I love this idea & have a very special someone turning 50 in a few months so I may have to borrow this ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do it! I promise you that your special someone will LOVE it. My sis was so overwhelmed by all the love and special messages that came along with each picture. She called me all day long laughing and wanting to talk about each picture. I typed up a word doc of instructions on what to do with the picture that I sent everyone and I would be happy to email it to you. Just let me know :)

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome, thank you! Donna is so hard to surprise, I could pull this off without her ever knowing :)

      Delete
    3. Hey, could you email me the document you mentioned? I've got to pull this together quick, donnas birthday is SOON!
      Thanks!
      Oh it's springaling77 at gmail dot com :)

      Delete
  2. Love it. You are the best sister. Total points for that.
    You guys aren't quite to the school age yet....but this is similar to Flat Stanley :)
    You mail this cut out guy and then have people dress him up or take pictures with him in other places and then you collect all of the information and turn it back into your teacher to discuss in class.
    I was never very good at it. :-( Gracie's is going to ROCK !
    and you can certainly count on Utah being a place that her flat stanley has visited once the time comes. I'll pose him with a few extra wives and a buttload of kids. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K, I try. ;)

      I've never heard about Flat Stanley but I would love to help Grace with that assignment one day and I will FOR SURE need your assistance, ha!

      Delete
  3. I am laughing so hard at K's comment! Flat Stanley is alive and well around here as well, lol.

    Such a great idea for a virtual birthday celebration. I am sure your sister felt the love. SOoooooo sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, now I'm going to be just completely disappointed if Grace doesn't have to do her own Flat Stanley in school...

      Delete
  4. Bwahaha I totally did Flat Stanley in school. This is such a super duper cute idea - you're so creative! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic idea! Hope she had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was blown away! It was a great day for sure!

      Delete
  6. Such an awesome idea! You are my creative go to person : ) LOVE LOVE LOVE. So sweet of you! Hope she had a wonderful 30th!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias M! You're pretty darn crafty yourself. I'm totally going to use your chalkboard milestone idea with baby #2.

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...