Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Getting stuff done!

One of the many benefits of my current role as a domestic engineer (aka SAHM), is that it allows me to do all those rainy day projects that I’ve been putting off, in some cases, for YEARS!  Don’t get me wrong, being home with Grace is a very busy job and between the dishes, the laundry, teaching and cuddling her, keeping her fed and our daily errands and activities, most weeks there really isn’t time for anything else.  And while this is usually the case, I have been able to sneak some of those “to-do’s” in the mix and it has felt awesome marking items off my list!

This weekend I checked off a BIG item, one that I’ve been putting off forever…

You may remember a post I wrote back in March about a photo collage that I was working on.  What I didn’t mention in the post was that I started it back in February 2012 following our maternity photo session… Umm, yeah as in a year and a half ago.  The frames had been piled between the bed and a bookshelf in our guestroom, out of sight, out of mind and collecting dust.

Here’s a “before” picture I took last Christmas of the entryway collage and I had every intention of taking an “after” picture a few weeks later...


With my sister coming home for a visit this weekend and planning to stay with us as she always does, I found myself in the back room getting things cleaned and organized when I came across my stack-o-pictures.  I decided that enough time had passed so I ordered the remaining prints I needed and began work on our entryway photo collage.

Here is the “after”!  I went with a dark/light wood and silver frame motif because that seemed to be what would go best with our home d├ęcor.  I’m super happy with how it turned out.  What do you think?


In the center of the collage is the ring bowl we had custom made for our wedding. :)


This maternity picture of Georgia is my absolute favorite of them all.  This picture alone is what inspired me to re-do the collage all those months ago.  My wife is such a beauty!


It took two days because I only had naptime to work on it and it required that I patch up lots of holes and reorganize a bit, but it’s done!  While working on the collage I realized that we hadn’t updated any pictures on the walls for almost 5 years so I updated some of those as well.


On to the next project!

10 comments:

  1. I love it.
    I've wanted SO badly to get something like this done. I just can't make myself do it. Thanks for once again inspiring me and maybe pushing me a little closer to my own goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I couldn't either... For almost 2 years lol.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that. We have had a collage wall on our to-do list for ages. Like you, I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to get things done. This is my motivation! I need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh! Surprisingly Grace slept through the hammering. If she hadn't I probably wouldn't have finished. Are the girls heavy sleepers? :)

      Delete
  3. Looks awesome!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job, looks awesome! Makes me want to tackle my to-do list!
    PS: I'm nosy...who are all of the people in the huge group shot (with black clothes)? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nadine! It's a portrait of my family on my dads side. My grandparent had 7 kids so there's a lot of us!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...