Saturday, November 16, 2013

A SAHM’s Farewell

Farewell to being home with the bean, that is.  Monday was my first day back at work and it was a busy and exhausting week.  It’s so sad to see what 3 rounds of layoffs does to the morale of an organization.  It just feels like a completely different place.  I’m working on a post about my return so that will be coming soon.  It was a doozie.

About two weeks ago, I began the return to work countdown and it sounded a little something like this… “This is my last time making Grace lunch as a SAHM”… “This is our last lazy Sunday before I go back to work”… “Only one more play date before I’m no longer home with my girl”… etc.  You would have thought I was returning to work out of state or something, lol.  Even G made fun of my overly emotional sappiness.  It was a little ridiculous.


For our “last Friday home together”, we joined my BF and her daughter for lunch and an afternoon at the museum.  This was Gracie’s first visit to a museum and she did great.  I thought that there was a chance she would be scared of the giant dinosaurs or that she may be too little still to really enjoy the museum, but I was way off.  Not only was she not afraid, she had no hesitation touching the fossils and growled at the dinosaurs as we went from room to room.      


The girls had such a fun time together sharing snacks and Gracie's dinosaur cart, which they took turns climbing in and out of.  They are such cute little buddies!  I honestly can’t think of a better way to have spent my last Friday as a SAHM. :)


Oh, how I love these two.


6 comments:

  1. Going back to work is so hard! I hope it gets easier for you. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. The first week was tough but I'm optimistic that this week will be a bit easier. :)

      Delete
  2. A mix of emotions I'm sure! I am happy that you are returning to work but I'm sorry that you don't get to be at home with Gracie. WIshing you all the best back in the work force!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back so the TTC'ing can start in full force but I can't imagine how hard it was to leave that cute little face! Hope its slowly improving - sounds like the work environment is a little rough (try not to internalize the stress - because we all know that doesn't help anything!) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing. I too hope your 2nd week is better. The next chapter.....so far this has been a great story :) I can't wait to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet comments. In the past week things have improved so much! It's starting to feel like the place I used to know again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...