Tuesday, November 19, 2013

During this month of THANKS

I am MOST thankful for…

My health.  When you are healthy, it’s easy to forget what a gift good health really is.  To be able to walk, to run, to breathe on my own and pick my daughter up off the ground is a blessing that I do not take for granted.

My family and what makes us unique.  I come from a BIG, loud, always-in-your-business family and I wouldn’t have it any other way.  My mom is constantly trying to get us together and while the gatherings and time commitments can be cumbersome, I’m so glad she does it.

The everyday experiences of motherhood, both the best and the most trying of days.  Grace was not a surprise.  She was 100% planned and sought after.  We wanted to be mamas, we dreamed of being mamas and we appreciate the day-to-days of motherhood that we have been given.  To say that we are lucky to hold this title would be a huge understatement.  This we know and appreciate.

My wife, my supporter, my best friend.  If I were able to create my perfect match, I still wouldn’t have the ability to make her just exactly as she is.  She knows all of my faces and what they all mean.  She has my back but also pushes me to grow and be the best version of me that I can be.  She is imperfectly perfect and I thank God everyday that he brought the two of us together.

Our home and how it reflects who we are as a family.  Bright colors, tons of photos on the walls, comfortable furniture (covered in toys) and inviting décor makes it the perfect place for us.  Do I wish it were bigger – yes.  Would I like a backyard makeover – umm, yes… But do I feel incredibly blessed to live where we live and own the home we own – absolutely.

Gracie’s grandparents who care for her when her mamas are at work.  To know that we are fortunate enough to send our little gal to a place where she is taught to love the outdoors, to learn new things each day and to grow in a safe environment where she is the center of the universe, well it’s beyond amazing.

New Mexico, the place we call home.  The place that gives us four distinct and beautiful seasons each year.  The place that is surrounded and protected by the majestic Sandia Mountains.  The place that has such an amazing and rich culture and sense of tradition that runs deep in every family.  It truly is the “Land of Enchantment” and I feel so blessed to call this place my home.

And then there is this little stinker.  I mean seriously… Getting to play peek-a-boo with this silly girl everyday… The blessings are abundant!


What are you thankful for?


2 comments:

  1. Hello there all the way from London, UK

    thank you so much for your comment on my blog, due to being a newbie I managed to accidentally delete it *haha*
    But be assured, I appreciated it :)

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that you blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...