Friday, November 29, 2013

Gobble, Gobble!


I trust that you all had a delicious Thanksgiving and are gearing up for round two today… Thanksgiving leftovers are one of the best parts of the holiday, after all!  So far we’ve had three feast days.  The first was last Sunday with my side of the family because they’re spending the holiday out in Dallas, TX for the Cowboys vs. Raiders game (Cowboys totally kicked butt yesterday by the way)!  This was my first ever Thanksgiving away from my mama and I did pretty well.  I think it helped that we got together before they left.

Me and my bro-in-law, Dean (aka Brother Bear)


This year we hosted our first BIG family Thanksgiving for G’s side of the family and the turn out was great!  I think we ended up having around 18 people over and given the fact that our house is 1600 square feet, it’s a wonder they all fit comfortably but they did!  The menu was about 90% gluten free and much to my surprise, everything was still delish!  I was a little worried that our meal would taste like cardboard but thankfully, I was wrong.  Gracie’s Uncle Chris has Celiac disease so he has had to maintain a completely gluten-free diet since he was a teenager.  Because he lives everyday with so many restrictions to what foods he can enjoy, we decided to make a Thanksgiving meal that he could eat without worrying that it would make him sick.  I think it meant a lot to him that we put so much time into finding tasty and safe recipes just for him. :)

Papa and Uncle Chris

I made my mom’s legendary cheese balls with a bit of a Thanksgiving twist… Cheese Ball Turkeys!


It was so great to have Gracie’s Uncle Dean and Uncle Chris home again.  The last time they were in town was 8 months ago for Gracie’s 1st birthday so a visit from the Guncles was long over due! 


As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, my fam is partying it up in Dallas Texas this week.  As much as I missed them on Thanksgiving, they are all having an absolute blast so that makes me happy!


My cousin J (sitting on the right), lives in Dallas so she joined in the fun and then there is my other cousin N… the only Raider fan in the family.  He wasn’t so happy when the Raiders lost, lol!



I hope you all had a happy turkey day!


6 comments:

  1. That was a pretty good game! :)
    Glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a hand-me-down from a friend at work. I love Baby Gap!

      Delete
  3. How fun ! I was going to ask you if sister in law knew that brother in law was gay. and then I realized that brother in law was the other half of brother :-)
    Cute cute boys.

    Glad you had a great thanksgiving. Way to be the hostest with the mostest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh? lol... Uncle Dean is my wife's brother and uncle Chris is his boyfriend.

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...