Friday, November 22, 2013

{Our 2013 Family Photos}


So, it’s been decided.  With the ridiculous amount of pictures I take of our kiddo and our little family, we’re going to limit professional family photos to once a year.  Between the blog, Instagram, Facebook, birthday pictures and our annual family session, anything more feels like a bit much… and coming from a picture addict like myself, that says a lot!  My parents had professional pictures taken of me and my sibs 2-3 times a year growing up.  I have yet to figure out how in the heck they found the time or money for that… So until I do, once a year it is. ;)


The wife and I both LOVE the Fall for so many reasons.  Because of this and because Christmas (and Christmas cards) fall right around this time, it looks like November will likely be our family pictures month from here on out.  Is it weird that I’m already excited for the years of photos we’ll have to look back on?  Pictures taken in the crisp cool air with leaves changing color all around us.  The thought just makes me happy.


I am in love with the location our photographer Lindsey chose for our shoot this year.  We went with a downtown, city theme complete with tall buildings, busy streets, brick walls and alleyways.  I got an amazing deal on Gracie’s outfit, which I had originally purchased (at half-off), because it was adorable and looked to be something she could wear during the holidays.  We liked it so much that we dug through our closets and found black and white outfits that were complimentary and with that, our color scheme was born!


Grace took a long nap and was in great spirits the day of our shoot.  She even took a big poo right before we left, which made this mama so very happy!  Have you ever tried changing the poopie diaper of a toddler wearing tights, boots and a tutu?  It is no easy task my friend. 


Our gal has become increasingly shy with new people in recent weeks so it took a few pictures for her to warm up.  Once she did, she lit up and as our photographer said, “framed her own photos and smiled on queue” from then on.  Grace can be such a ham and definitely knows how to make her moms happy.  Thank you sweetness!


During our shoot, I thought about the fact that this could be our last time taking holiday pictures as a family of three.  Because of this, I am so glad that Lindsey captured mama and me & mommy and me pictures of each of us with Grace.  As much as I adore photos of all of us together, I had yet to have a picture taken of just me and my girl.  Not professionally anyway, and I know it’s something Georgia and I will treasure forever.  There is a picture that was taken of my mom and me when I was around 3 years old that hung in our living room when I was growing up.  It was my favorite and I’m so happy that Grace and I have one now too!


It was amazing to see how much Grace has changed since last year’s family photos.  She looks like the same baby, just so big and full of even more personality.  Thank you so much Lindsey for capturing these memories for us.  We will treasure them always. :)




20 comments:

  1. oh my goodness these are all adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna! She really hammed it up this year.

      Delete
  2. We have done pictures every 3 months during Mia's first year of life, but once we are done with her 1 year photos, I'm only doing them once a year! Thank goodness for social media, making us pull out our cameras all the time :)
    These are so cute. Gracie is a DOLL! Little model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos to you Courtney! It takes a lot of planning to prepare for our annual photo shoot so I can't even imagine doing that 4 times a year! Having an iphone does make things easier. While I love our professional pictures, some of my favorite pictures of Grace were taken during our day to day craziness.

      I look forward to visiting your blog. :)

      Delete
  3. I love all of these! They are just so darn adorable! :) I love the outfit and the boots and the super cute smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael. :) It helped that the bean had a nice long nap before the shoot. She was in a super smiley mood!

      Delete
  4. Love love love these!!! I especially like the one when your fingers are in G's belt loop/waistband. It's such a natural display of your love. And probably something that's so You Two. :)
    Grace is gorgeous and seems like she had a great time!! Her joyful personality really shows in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Stacy! We were cracking up at Grace who was trying to cover G's eyes. She's such a nut! I love that her little personality shines through in pictures. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE these photos! You guys look fantastic. Grace is ridiculously cute and so photogenic. And yes, awesome photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashleigh! The bean still enjoys having her picture taken thankfully. I know the day will eventually come when she may not corporate but until then, I'm going to take as many pictures I can! ;)

      Delete
  6. So gorgeous! You are the cutest family! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness!!! could grace be any cuter or you all any sweeter?!? :) love love love the photos!!! we are also only doing family photos once a year now, I still like to have birthday photos of the boys done since the timing is just right to have those done & then 6 months later have family photos done for Christmas cards & such :) I am a photo junky like yourself & just cant get enough, especially with 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks Spring! I wish Gracie's birthday pictures worked out the same but they come along 3 months later.

      I would go nuts taking pictures of 3 kiddos too especially if they were as photogenic as the boys. :)

      Delete
  8. Such great photos! And she's such a little GIRL! No more baby Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... tear ;( Why must they grow so fast?! Thank you for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful family! You are very blessed. That little outfit is adorbs. Gorgeous Gracie as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They turned out perfect !
    Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace is such a ham! I love them too. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...