Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Catch-up

Here we are, the day after Christmas and much like last year, I find myself writing a Christmas catch-up post because the month has flown by and hasn’t left much time for blogging.  It has been a busy holiday season for us this year, that’s for sure, but it’s also been lots of fun and very low stress.  Our house that was spotless two days ago is now covered in toys and empty boxes and while I know I should be cleaning, I’m holding onto every last bit of Christmas cheer I can and choosing to sit under the light of our Christmas tree watching movies instead.   

Grace woke up with a little flu bug the morning of Christmas Eve so we spent a good part of the day cleaning baby barf and cuddling our feverish gal.  The good news is she no longer has a fever and seems to be in good spirits, so I’m thankful for that. My poor honey… There is nothing worse than watching your baby get sick knowing there is very little you can do about it. :(   


While our Christmas Eve started off a bit bumpy and we opted to stay home, things improved the next day and we made it out of the house.  Grace was spoiled beyond measure and seemed to have a fun day with family.  Santa definitely came to town and once I have a moment to pull some photos off our camera and my iphone, I’ll share my favorites.

Here are some of the things we’ve been up to these past couple of weeks. Prepare yourself for lots of pictures (I know, shocking)… 

*Operations Santa's Child*


We attended my mom’s annual Operation Santa’s Child philanthropy event, as we do every year.  It was held at the Elementary school I went to when I was a little girl so it was fun to see how much it’s changed over the years.  This year, we volunteered to get socks for all the children in the families that were adopted and joined the group in dropping off gifts and singing Christmas carols. 

*8th Annual Girls Christmas*


We got to enjoy a night out on the town with friends for our 8th Annual Girls Christmas party.  It was a much needed evening amongst grown-ups accompanied by lots of tasty wine and tapas.  G’s Secret Santa gave her the most adorable snowflake ornament with Gracie’s picture from our Christmas cards in the center.  Isn’t it cute? :)

*River of Lights*


This year G’s brother celebrated Christmas in Houston with his boyfriend so we didn’t have Gracie’s uncles here with us. :(  When the boys visited at the end of November/beginning of December, we wanted to do something Christmas themed so we headed over the Botanical Garden for the River of Lights.  We had our niece Mia with us and the girls seemed to have a really fun time.  It was cold but so beautiful.

*Santa Prep*


We snagged a smokin’ deal on Gracie’s main gift from Santa last month and she LOVED it!  This year Santa brought her a Fresh Market Kitchen along with a shopping cart and highchair for her babies.  It’s the coolest play kitchen I’ve ever seen because it’s half kitchen and half grocery store.  It is divided into 3 sections and even has a display case for pastries and cakes.  The bean has played with it 24/7 since Christmas morning. :)

*Tamale Making*


When Gracie’s uncles were visiting earlier in the month, we also made tamales together for the first time.  My sis makes tamales every year but I’ve never really helped so it was a fun experiment in cooking.

*Christmas Crafting*


The past month has been the craftiest Christmas I can remember having in a long time.  We’ve made dough ornaments and pine cone ornaments.  We made Peter Rabbit homemade Christmas cards (that ended up looking a bit frightening… probably shouldn’t have used red paint, lol).  Even the wife has hopped on the Christmas crafting train making me the most beautiful wine bottle lights.  She spent her evenings this past week working on the project and I think it turned out awesome!  Good work babe! 

I love that Grace totally gets Christmas this year.  When you ask her what Santa says, she responds, “ho, ho, ho, merry Christmas!” in the cutest voice.  Her auntie Missy is staying with us this week and as you can see in the post below, she was able to join us for my first ever insemination this morning.  I’m so happy that she was able to be a part of it.  Talk about a good luck charm. :)   


Happy holidays to all of you out in blogland.  I hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday season with your families!  Stay tuned for a second Christmas post and a TTC #2 update!  My two week wait has officially begun!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Clearly this was the year of the play kitchen! And I can't believe how awesome those lights are! Hoping for a good TTC update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I think I've counted 5 or 6 play kitchens on fellow blogs this year alone, haha. I'll tell G that she got a compliment on her lights! It was a project that took her several evenings but was totally worth it.

      I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that the babies and their big sister are doing great. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...