Monday, December 2, 2013

‘Tis the season for silliness!

It has been a very Christmas filled day around these parts!  I am soooooo not a Black Friday shopper but I loves me some Cyber Monday!  Today I was able to check my mom and Gracie off my Christmas list.  We ordered and assembled the Bean’s “gift from Santa” last month so today’s purchases were small and inexpensive things that I know she’ll love.  Aside from her Santa gift, we try to keep it minimal because with Grace being the only grandchild on G’s side of the family and 1 of only 4 on my side, the gal gets spoiled plenty.  It’s also important to both of us that she understand what Christmas is really about and I fear that if we start going overboard now, it will be an expectation she’ll have in the years to come.  I will say though, it’s hard not to go overboard.  As I was shopping on Ama.zon.com today, I wanted to order everything.  It was hard to resist! 

Now to figure out what to get the wife… She is the absolute hardest person to shop for.

This past weekend we went to a Christmas lighting event at our local Botanic Garden and it was so beautiful!  We wanted to do something Christmas themed with G’s brother while he was here since he’ll be spending Christmas with his boyfriend’s family this year and while we were all freezing, it was lots of fun.  Pictures coming soon!

I’m also getting my DIY/Christmas crafting plans all worked out.  I know I’m going to make clay Christmas ornaments and an ornament made out of one of our wedding invitations for sure, but I have yet to decide what else I’ll create this holiday season.  If you’re looking for some Christmas crafting or cooking ideas to do this year, here are a few I’ve done in years past…


If you make any of the above be sure to tell me how your project(s) turn out! 

And with that I’ll leave you with this silly video I made earlier today as I was feeling the Christmas spirit.  ‘Tis the season for silliness. ;)


8 comments:

  1. Awesome video. I love how real it looks when you get the right pictures. :)
    Me and the wife don't exchange presents anymore. There are times that if one of us needs something or if we have to buy a big purchase for the house or something like that.....we'll announce that it's our Christmas present. I know. pretty lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I've seen the Elf Yourself videos and always wanted to make one. I'm sure the day will come when the wife and I exchange minimal presents but I'll always want her to get me one. I can't help it, I love presents!

      Delete
  2. Little Monster has now watched your video 5 times, FIVE....he thinks it is hilarious!

    It is so hard to reign in when shopping for the kiddos. SO HARD. Every year I say we are going to be minimalist and I fail horribly at the attempt every year. As for presents to spouses, we are almost on the verge of where K and J (above) are. This year, Kris has been lusting after a Keurig machine. Then one day she picked one out, paid for it with MY debit card, and told me that I bought her a Keurig for Christmas. Lol. Oh well, at least I am done shopping for her ;)

    PS- Gracie's hat should be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I love that he got a kick out of it! We too said we would keep spending to a minimum last year and failed miserably... This year, we're trying again. Last year, G gave me a fan for Mother's Day, so we often go with the necessities too. For me, Christmas is the one exception. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on a bit of an obsession with online shopping. I had to keep sneaking in time on the Internet at work the other day. But it's so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best way to get Christmas shopping done if you ask me. I don't know why or how Black Friday has become as popular as it's become. I honestly don't think the savings make up for the crowds, zero parking, grumpy people and everything else that comes along with BF. I love that I can get just as good of deals + free shipping all while sitting on my couch in jammies, haha!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...