Saturday, February 15, 2014

A full and happy heart :)

I LOVE Valentine’s Day.  I mean, what’s not to love?  I know the day has been labeled a “Hallmark Holiday” and that may be the way some view the 14th of February, but not me.  I love the candy, the cheesy presents, the hearts, the cards and their sweet messages, the crafting, the pinks and reds and the chocolate… We must not forget about the chocolate!


This year I needed Valentine’s Day so very much.  I needed the distraction, the happy feelings and the reminder that while my mind is currently consumed with thoughts of TTC and we have yet to get our BFP, we have been blessed with an amazingly smart and beautiful little girl and that trumps everything else that going on.  She fills our hearts with so much joy and makes every holiday we share as a family all that more special. 


The Bean was an absolute blast this year.  She seemed to understand that we were getting ready for an extra special day of love and she seemed excited.  She told everyone including us, “happy vamtimes day!” all week long.  She LOVED handing out her handmade cards and heart crayons to friends and family and she somehow knew that she would be getting presents of her own even though we hid everything until the morning of. 


On Wednesday my mom kicked-off the v-day fun hosting an evening of cookie making at her house for all the grandkids.  This was a Nani and kiddos event (no parents allowed), which meant that I got to come home from work and watch 2 hours of uninterrupted TV in my big and comfy bed.  I did absolutely nothing productive and it was glorious.  G went to pick the Bean up when they were finished and when they got home Grace came bursting through the front door to give me the Valentine she made for us.  It was our first ever handmade Valentine as mamas and it made me tear up a bit.  Every time I pass her little Valentine hanging on the refrigerator covered in heart stickers and toddler artwork, I'm left with such a full and happy heart. 

♡ So many goodies ♡


G’s parents went out of town for v-day this year but they spoiled the Bean with a bunch of little goodies before they left and they spoiled us to!  Grace now has a giant stuffed zebra that she has slept with every night since Thursday.  She LOVES it!


Thursday night my ma hosted family night at her casa.  On the menu: stuffed red bell peppers, garden salad, mashed potatoes and cookies.  It was delish and so cute!  Nani had the table decorated in red and pink and we ate on red dishes.  She's so creative!  For Valentine’s Day Nani bought Easter dresses for Grace and Mia.  They’re going to look so stinkin’ cute in their little flower dresses this Easter. :)


Georgia and I took Friday off so that we could spend the day with Grace.  We started the morning with a Valentine’s themed breakfast and after naptime we headed off to the movies.  This was Gracie’s second movie in a movie theater, however she was only 2 months old when we took her to the movies for the first time and she slept through the entire movie… I don’t think that really counts, lol.  We packed a ton of different snacks, water and chapstick to keep her entertained and she did AWESOME!  We went to see the “Sing Along” showing of Frozen so it was very kid friendly.  Kids were singing all the songs and dancing in the aisles.  It was basically the cutest thing ever!  I was so proud of Grace.  There were zero meltdowns, no crying and she stayed seated.  And by the way, Frozen is an excellent movie so be sure to see it in the theater while it’s still showing.  You’ll love it.  


It was the best Valentine’s Day I can remember having in years and I hope all of you out in Blogland had a great one too!

Where’s Gracie?  Hehe ;)



4 comments:

  1. You guys are so sweet, love Valentines Day & it looks like you celebrated perfectly!!!!! XX

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Waverly was the cutest little Valentine baby. :)

      Delete
  2. You guys are such awesome moms!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Being told that you're a good mama is the best compliment in my book!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your little one. She's so stinkin' cute!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...