Tuesday, March 11, 2014

{Gracie’s 2nd Birthday Party}

We officially have a TWO year old!  She is smart and sweet and pretty darn near perfect if you ask her mamas.  This weekend was all about her from beginning to end and we loved every minute of it.  Below are some of my favorite pictures from her Sofia the First themed birthday party this past Saturday so get comfy friends, this post is going to be rather long and very picture heavy!  Shocking, I know… ;)


Gracie’s Nani hosted our Sofia the First birthday party at her house and everything turned out just as I envisioned it in my head.  Thanks mom!  We had some concern that it was going to be cold and rainy but aside from some sprinkling in the morning, it was a pretty nice day.  The festivities started at 1pm and Grace surprised all of us by taking a nap before the party, which put her in great spirits once her guests began to arrive.  We decorated the evening before so our morning consisted of eating lots of cupcakes and loving on our birthday girl.  This was such a change from the morning of the Bean’s birthday party last year and thank goodness for that.  Low stress is always a good thing when you’re gearing up to host 60 friends and family!  I loved seeing all of the princess decorations up and felt quite proud of the fact that we made a lot of the décor ourselves.  Grace loved everything but I think she especially enjoyed the gift bags we made for her little buddies.  The tulle and pearls turned out super cute.   


This year Grace had her very own Cookie Bar complete with sugar cookies, assorted frosting, sprinkles for decorating, and strawberry and vanilla milk.  You simply can’t enjoy cookies without a little milk. 


To be honest, I wasn’t sure if the kids would get into the cookie decorating idea or if anyone would even notice the Cookie Bar set up in the dinning room.  Boy was I wrong – everyone LOVED it!  Kids and parents decorated cookies and proudly walked around the party showing off their decorating skills.  Thanks to Gracie’s auntie, the birthday girl got to hit up the Cookie Bar as well!  I made around 4 dozen cookies thinking that would be plenty but they went pretty fast.  I just loved watching the chaos unfold in that little room as Gracie’s friends giggled and decorated their cookies sampling sprinkles along the way. :) 
 

One of the activities we had for the kiddos was a pretty pink princess piñata (say that three times fast, lol)!  Piñatas are a birthday tradition here in New Mexico, so when we came across the little princess piñata a few weeks ago, it was a must get item.  G filled the crown with candy bars and lollipops and each kiddo got a turn at bat.  The little ones went first and didn’t have to wear a blindfold.  Watching these little tikes doing their best to hit the piñata was just about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.  And the faces Grace was making during her turn had us cracking up.  The Bean’s little friend J ended up taking the winning swing, which was followed by a swarm of kids grabbing as much candy as their little hands could hold.  I can’t stop laughing at the action shot on the right side of the collage of G leaping toward J once she cracked open the piñata.  Too funny!


Our super awesome friend Becca made the bean’s birthday cake and it tasted as good as it looked.  We decided on cupcakes initially but in the days leading up to the party G decided that Grace really needed a cake to properly blow out her candles.  Becca made the cake for our bridal shower back in 2009 and as you can see below, she does a pretty amazing job!  Thank you so much Becca!


After everyone ate we sang Happy Birthday to the Bean and she loved every minute of it.  Some kiddos cry when that many people are staring at them but not our gal.  She squealed with delight grabbing Princess Sofia, Princess Amber and Prince James off of the cake before we even finished singing, haha.  She was also able to blow out her birthday candle all on her own this year, which was so very cute.


We ended the day with the opening of presents and had an absolute blast watching Gracie’s reactions.  The Bean was one very spoiled birthday girl and tore into her presents like a champ!  She had the help of all her little buddies, which created quite the chaotic scene.  Tissue paper was flying and following the opening of each gift I had 3-4 little ones practically on my lap trying to get a closer look.  We kept having to reposition the kiddos because with each gift they inched closer until we all seemed to be piled on top of each other.  They were all just so excited, lol! 


The Bean got totally hooked up in the Little People department!  She LOVES, loves Little People and now has the LP house thanks to Nani as well as the farm and Little Mermaid carriage to add to her collection which she hasn’t stopped playing with since the party.  She also received her very first tricycle from her Gaga and Papa and has already learned how to petal on her own!


I still can’t believe that our baby girl is two!  It just blows my mind.  I’m going through a bit of a blogging slump right now but have every intention of writing a 24 month Gracie update this week with pictures of the fun things we did on her actual birthday so stay tuned!  In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this hilarious picture of our birthday girl mid-sugar crash, half eaten cupcake in hand!  It’s her party and she’ll cry if she wants to. ;)  


17 comments:

  1. Guys can you come and plan my birthday party? I might be 23 years older than Gracie but cookie decoration and a piñata and that cake?! That's exactly what I want for my next birthday! Seriously though, it looks wonderful - and the birthday girl is totally adorable in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Carley, I will absolutely plan your next birthday party!! Thank you for the sweet comment. It was a super fun day!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome party!!!! Well done, well done! I do not think you went overboard at all this year ;)

    I love love love love the pic of Gracie looking up from the cake smiling SO HUGE! Perfect!!! I call that the "smile that makes it all worthwhile" :)

    Boo is a big Little People fan as well and we have quite a collection. Every summer I send Kris to local garage sales and consignment shops to score some vintage Little People sets and we add to the holiday sets every year...by the time our kids get to middle school, I am guessing we are going to have an entire room of Little People, hahaa!

    Hope to see you post here again soon with that 24 month update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ok maybe I went a bit overboard... But you have to admit, this was nowhere near the level of party extravaganza as the circus party, lol! My siblings and I were HUGE Little People fans growing up. We literally had every house, school, farm, etc. and now when I look the OG Little People up online they cost hundreds of dollars. If only my mom didn't give them all away.

      I'm working on the Bean's update (in my head). I'll get'r done. ;)

      Delete
  3. Everything looked so beautiful! How is TTC going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. TTC is coming along. Still no BFP but we're on to ICI #4 and hopeful. :)

      Delete
  4. We may totalllllllly use your "Cookie Bar" idea for Baby C's birthday party next weekend! lol How CUTE is that?!?!?!?! I love all the pictures...it was beautiful ladies! Gracie is blessed to have such amazing mommies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you use the cookie bar idea! I've seen the idea of having a table full of cookies for people to take but never one where kiddos get to decorate their own cookies. The kids loved it! I plan to do it again because it was so much fun! I'm sure C's little buddies would love it too.

      Delete
  5. Looks like an amazing party! Happy birthday, Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Grace!! What a fantastic party!! I love the cookie bar :) Our girls are loving Little People as well these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little People are the best! I loved them as a kid too. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  7. This is so lovely! What an awesome party!! I've never heard of Sophia the First, but I guess I'm not their target market haha.

    Happy birthday little G!! Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Laura! She had such a blast. I'm shocked that Sofia the First hasn't made her way to you neck of the woods yet, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit behind on reading blogs but I'm so glad I didn't miss this post! Happy Birthday Gracie! I absolutely love the picture of Gracie blowing out the candles. Her face is priceless. It looks like fun was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The birthday cake pictures were my favorite of the day. She sure did have a blast. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, what an amazing colourful party!! M isn't having a party this year, we are off to Peppa Pig world instead. But it's so great to see how others are celebrating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...