Saturday, March 29, 2014

{Gracie’s TWO year pictures}

If you take one look at this blog, I think it’s pretty clear that I love pictures.  Like really, really LOVE them.  To capture special moments in time and to document the life of my little family is something that has been incredibly important to me since before Grace was born.  That’s actually one of the reasons why I started More Than Words.  So that if something were to happen to my computer or our home where all of our pictures are stored, there would still be images and stories of our wonder years as a young family to look back on.  Growing up, this is something that my mom was really good at.  At least once a year, we would take family photos and those pictures of us rockin’ horrific 80’s attire with missing teeth are some of my favorite memories.  Georgia’s mom took her and her brother to have their pictures taken every year as well and I get so much joy out of laughing at some of the hairstyles my wife had growing up, lol!  My hope is that Georgia and I can document the same special moments for our gal and any other kiddos we may have because I know how much it will one day mean to them. :)


For the Bean’s two-year photo shoot, we went with the same photographer who took our first photos as a family of three in 2012, as well as Gracie’s one-year pictures in 2013, and our family photos taken this past Christmas.  L is a good friend of mine and I love that she has been our family photographer since the beginning.  Her and Grace get along great and I honestly don’t think we would get the same beautiful smiles we get from Gracie if we went with someone else.  L is just awesome with little ones.


We decided to have the Bean’s pictures taken at the University where I earned my BA.  The school has a beautiful duck pond surrounded by grass, beautiful fountains and lots of flowers.  Our appointment was at 10am so it was still a bit breezy out but Grace was totally unphased by the cold and was her normal smiley self.  Because there were birds to chase and ducks to feed, she was a happy camper!


L took over 70 photos (because she’s awesome and always gives us more time and poses then we’ve booked) and while it’s impossible to choose a favorite, this black and white portrait is one that I find myself looking at time and time again since we picked up our CD.  It’s so natural and captures all of the sweetness and beauty that is our daughter.  This one is getting printed on a large canvas for sure!


After taking pictures at the duck pond, L had the idea to head over to the sorority house where we both lived when we were in college.  I love that she had this idea because it’s something that I would have never thought of.  I absolutely adore the way Gracie’s little smile and outfit looked against the white bricks and pillars of the timeless house that I called home for 4 years.  I have countless memories of reading and hanging with friends on the very steps and swing where Gracie’s pictures were taken.  The whole experience was so special to us.


As I mentioned, our photographer took A LOT of photos, and while I wish I could share all of them, it would take all day to upload so I’ll leave you with these last ones.  Thank you to L for once again documenting our daughter’s life so beautifully.  As I look over her pictures again and again, I can’t help but think that in a blink we'll be taking her high school graduation pictures.  And that thought make me want to burst into tears.  As my friend S recently shared in a quote that pulled at my heart strings, “As a parent, just know, each day is a second, each week a minute, and every month an hour.  In a camera flash the years fly by. 


And what would a 2nd birthday photo shoot be without a little bird chasing? ;)




14 comments:

  1. A quote that pulls at the heart strings indeed.
    Beautiful photos. She looks like a little girl now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly feel that this quote perfectly describes how I've felt these past two years. Thanks Ashleigh, she does look like such a big girl!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of getting photos done each year! My parents didn't do that, though I have no shortage of photos of me growing up. Will definitely put this into place when we have a munchkin! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it! They change so much in just one year that it's nice to have special pictures that capture just exactly how they looked at each stage of their life. :)

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine picking which one is going to be blown up and hanging on the wall. They all turned out gorgeous ! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K! I miss you friend. Hurry up and start blogging again!!

      Delete
  4. These are so beautiful, I can't pick my favorite! I just hope you can pick one! Good luck Mama! I am working on a time to do Punky's pictures, but when it's nice outside, she's sick and when she's healthy and happy, it's yucky outside! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see them! P is very photogenic so I know they will be darling. :)

      Delete
  5. So absolutely adorable! I'm with you, I LOVE photos & cannot get enough of our boys! Good luck choosing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such great photos of your boys, Spring! You totally get where I'm coming from!

      Delete
  6. Oh I just Love everything about these pictures!!! They are just perfect. Gracie couldn't be any more adorable!!! If i was forced to pick a favorite it would be the one shot from the side with her on the white swing! Love love love them all though : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHH she is so sweet I haven't been on to blog or see others blogs in months!! she is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...