Saturday, April 26, 2014

{Easter Sunday}


Ever have one of those days with your family when you look around and feel almost overwhelmed with feelings of love for them?  I know this sounds like a very sappy question but it’s definitely how I felt this Easter Sunday.  Maybe it’s a feeling I always get around a holiday, maybe it was that I’m feeling more emotional in general these days or maybe it’s just that our family is pretty darn near perfect in my eyes.  I’m thinking it was a little bit of all of the above.


My mom hosted Easter this year as she usually does.  The weather was nice and my Great Grandparents who are 95 and 93 years old were able to join us.  Their company always makes the day more special!  Before heading over to Nani’s we hid Gracie’s Easter basket bright and early in the morning and then let her loose to find it.  Growing up my parents always hid our Easter baskets but G’s parents didn’t.  When she told me this I was surprised because I thought it was something everyone did sort of like hanging stockings on the mantel at Christmas.  She thought it was weird that my mom and dad hid our baskets and I thought it was boring that she didn’t have to find hers, haha!  Needless to say, we decided to hide Gracie’s under the dinning room table and she found it within about 5 seconds. ;)


After playing with the Bean’s Easter goodies and having a little candy with our breakfast, we got ready and headed to Nani’s house.  I love that my family and Georgia’s family get along so well because it means that we get to celebrate some holidays together rather than driving all over town making multiple stops.  This year G’s mom and dad joined us at my mom’s and Grace was so excited to see them arrive.  Because the Bean was visiting Nani’s she got an Easter basket from her and Kevin + an Easter basket from her Gaga and Papa + an Easter basket from uncle Nick!  Talk about being spoiled. :)


As I promise Georgia every Christmas and Easter, we let Grace change out of her dress after we took pictures of the cuties and visited for a bit so she could run and play AND not have to, “be fancy all day” as my wife would say. ;)  Because it’s warmed up so much in the past couple of weeks she was able run around in a romper and flip flops the rest of the day.  She was very happy about this, especially because the girls played chase most of the afternoon.  We even managed to surprise Georgia with a little birthday cake while she was changing Gracie, which was a total surprise to her!


The highlight of our afternoon was most definitely the Easter egg hunt, something the kiddos asked for all day.  We had a TON of eggs this year and only 4 kids so we knew they were going to make out like bandits.  The littles got a head start but the boys were out dashing around the yard for the prized money eggs in no time.  Watching Grace and Mia gracefully pick Easter eggs up off the ground was just about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.


The remainder of the day was spent watching the kids play ping-pong and football while the adults relaxed on blankets in the grass.  It was the perfect end to a pretty fantastic day and it was obvious that Grace had a blast because following Nani’s; she was out for the night. :)


7 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome Easter! Her dress is adorable!! I haven't ever heard of having your Easter Basket hidden, that's new, but such a neat tradition! I loved watching Punky run all over our house looking for eggs, it was adorable.

    I also had to make a promise to allow Punky to change out of her fancies every holiday so she can run and climb and whatnot after all the pictures are taken. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! When it comes to holidays, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of the comfy outfit. Kiddos just seem to be in a better mood when they're comfortable (adults too)! I’m glad P had such a good Easter. :)

      Delete
  2. That dress is cute, but the ROMPER. Oh. M. Gee. Dying over here. I love all the cousin pics, too! My in-laws never hid the baskets, either, which always strikes me as dull. We hid E's near the fireplace and she also found it basically as soon as she walked into the room. I can't wait for them to get older and to think of good actual hiding spots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Rompers are the best! See, I knew I was right. Not hiding Easter baskets is totally dull -- glad you agree. ;)

      Crazy to think that next year you'll be hiding 3 Easter baskets! Yay!

      Delete
  3. Gracie girl is so cute it physically hurts! Ugh! Lol! I especially love the pic of her running in her romper. And I'm so happy for you all that she has such a big, living family. She is one very blessed child.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...