Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Favorite Things – Part V

You guys aren’t going to believe this but it’s been almost a year since I last wrote a “favorite things” post.  Please accept my apologies in that this post is waaaay overdue. ;)  As I mentioned in my first ever “favorite things” post back in 2012, the idea to share stuff I LOVE with all you fabulous people was inspired by the Queen herself, Ms. Oprah Winfrey!  I’m sure most of you remember her favorite things episodes on the Oprah Show where she would give away houses and cars, right?  Well, my take on sharing favorite things is in no way that awesome, but good info all the same!

For any of you who have or have had a toddler, you can attest to the fact that something useful or loved one month may become totally old news and useless the next month, so you can consider this list of our favorite things a current lists of sorts.  Meaning, these are the things we’re lovin’ right now!

Hopefully you find some of these items useful and if you have a favorite thing or things, please do share in the comments below!  I sometimes share “favorite things” with my Instagram peeps so that’s the reason for the captioned pictures, in case you were wondering.

Anywho, without further ado, here are our 18-24 months {Favorite Things}!

:: Personalized Flash Cards ::


We have my little sis (aka, auntie Missy) to thank for these totally awesome flash cards by Pinhole Press.  They were a surprise gift that she shipped to us all the way from Vancouver and I totally cried when I opened them.  With each card there is a photo of one of Gracie’s family members or favorite things associate with the letters of the alphabet.  These cards are great for helping your little one learn their ABCs while also getting familiar with the names of everyone close to them! 

:: Aqueduck Faucet Extender ::


You’re going to notice a trend in this installment of Favorite Things.  The trend is that most awesome gadgets and other cool stuff we love for the Bean was discovered by Gracie’s mommy.  G is always hip to the latest trends and is constantly finding stuff we can use to make life easier, the Aqueduck being one of them.  Grace is at an age now where she wants to do everything on her own.  The words, “I do it!” are said on the daily and hand washing has become a favorite, “let me do it!” activity.  Even with her little stool Grace was unable to reach the water coming out of the faucet but now she can with this handy dandy extender.  It’s light, easy to attach, BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.  It’s also dishwasher safe.  

:: Suave Kids Detangling Spray ::


Now that the Bean’s hair is getting longer, she’s waking up with some wicked bedhead… I’m talking code RED, call for back up kind of tangles (click here to view a recent bedhead picture. It’s at the bottom of the collage).  At first, I would just slowly brush through her hair with a comb and water but let me tell you, it was a daily experience that neither of us enjoyed.  Then one day my genius wife suggested it might be time we start using detangling spray.  We’ve tried a few different ones but the Suave Kids Detangling Spray is my favorite.  It smells good, works like a charm and only costs like 2 bucks!  Oh, and it’s hypoallergenic, tear-free and alcohol-free as well!

:: Kiddopotamus Tinydiner Placemat ::


As mamas who work outside the home, we are always on the go.  This means that some weeks we eat out and one thing that Grace has shown us is that she will eat food off any surface no matter how dirty it is.  For months we would do our best to wipe down table tops but they would usually still feel sticky and our gal would inevitably drop half her meal on the floor, which meant that every meal was followed by clean up.  Since getting the Kiddopotamus Placemat we’re saving time by not having to disinfect surfaces as much and this handy mat also rolls up for easy eating out, suctions to the table and has a built in scoop to catch falling food.  We use it at home as well now that Grace eats at the table with us.  This placemat costs less than $10 and is 100% waterproof; phthalate compliant, lead compliant, BPA free, latex free and PVC free!  Plus it’s very easy to clean.


:: Shutterfly Photo Albums ::


I’m pretty sure I’ve waxed on and on about how much I love Shutterfly but I’m going to say it again, I LOVE Shutterfly!  I order our Christmas cards through SF every year as well as prints when they’re on sale and the coupons – oh the coupons!  They are like none I’ve ever used.  With coupons I was able to order our pregnancy photo album for FREE + free shipping.  Gracie’s 1st birthday album was FREE, I just had to pay $7 for shipping and with the 50% off coupon + $10 credit and free shipping I had last month, I nearly got her 2nd birthday album for free as well!  I know it sounds too good to be true but it’s not!  The quality of SF photos is great and you can choose to not have your prints auto corrected if you want. 

:: Bell COCOON 500 Deluxe Child Carrier ::


Lastly, I must plug or new Bell Cocoon bike seat because it’s awesome!  G installed the seat and I will say that part was not the easiest but now that it’s attached it’s super secure and the Bean loves, loves, loves it!  The seat carries one child up to 40lbs with high back protection and a really thick padded insert.  There is a 5-point harness, a molded spoke guard and rear reflectors.  With my nephews, I’ve used several different brands of bike seats for kids and this one has completely out performed them all.

For favorite things I (0-3 months) click here
For favorite things II (4-7 months) click here
For favorite things part III (8-12 months) click here
For favorite things part IV (12-18 months) click here


7 comments:

  1. Hmm...we have that placemat but gave up when she was little because she didn't really use it. Maybe it's time to break it out again! We love books with family and friends in them, too--we have one for all of her family members, and one of her friends doing things (jumping, cooking, sleeping, etc). They're her favorites, and it's fun to see her be the 'star' of her own books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she would totally use it now. The only thing we've had to teach Grace with the mat is that she isn't allowed to pull it off the table top. Because it has little suction cups that make noise when they come unglued, she gets a kick out of it, lol. I love the idea of having an actual book with pictures of family and friends. I'm going to have to look into that!

      Delete
  2. Those flashcards are amazing! I think I'm going to try and make some for M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure they would be easy to make and I'm sure M would love them!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I know your also on your TTC#2 journey.. As my girlfriend and I decided to have another baby too i would like to know how you dropped weight. I've dropped 66lbs until now but since one and a half year there is no progress. I would like to drop another 70lbs, but less would be ok too to become preggo. So how did you do that? How many calories did you take in and how often did you work out?
    Oh I had to post anonymous due to the fact that I couldn't choose email-address to submit.
    Greets from Germany
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline! I wish I could say that I recently dropped a bunch of weight but I haven't. I lost 60lbs back in late 2012/ early 2013 but that was the last time I had significant weight loss. I think there's been several contributors to getting my cycles back on track, ovulating regularly and keeping my blood counts in normal ranges. The biggest being that I quit smoking in December, I go to weekly fertility acupuncture and I never really drink anymore. Hope that helps. :)

      Delete
  4. Love love love all your Favorite things!!! I have to get started on some Shutterfly books for Noah! I am so behind on that! But the personalized flash cards are the winner for me! Got to get those! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...