Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Bucket List: Plant Flowers



There’s an interesting thing that happens when you prepare to sell your home.  You welcome a stranger in to advise you on what needs to be fixed, changed, removed, added, etc. and then you get to work.  You exhaust yourself making all the small repairs you've been putting off for years.  You know, all those things you’ve planned to do but never carved out the time or money to actually do, yeah those things.  You sell stuff you don’t use, donate a bunch of useless items and de-clutter a ton!  And then guess what happens?  You fall in love with your house all over again.  Suddenly it’s new and shiny and you begin to question why you put it on the market to begin with.  That’s been our experience anyway.


We are still planning to sell our home; it’s just that we’re in absolutely no rush.  We’ve both decided that unless we get what we’re asking for it, we’re good to just enjoy this lovely home of ours and sit tight.  In the meantime we’ve been busy working on it (mostly outside now that the inside is done) and feeling quite accomplished, if I do say so myself.  As I posted a couple of weeks ago, we bought Grace her very own little playhouse for the backyard.  Well, here’s the latest update with that.  A few days after putting the damn thing together (quite the process), G found an even bigger and much cuter playhouse that only cost $30 more.  She then somehow talked me into returning the one we spent a day building so that we could buy the new bigger playhouse, which is now taking up residency in our backyard.  I will admit, having a cute little covered seating area, window covers, a toddler-sized mailbox and a porch makes for a much cooler playhouse.  Definitely worth the 30 bucks!


The side yard is now completely finished with the final touch being the new patio set and umbrella with lights we just added so it’s on to the back end of the yard.  Right now it’s all dirt back there but we have plans to add gravel and a swing set in the next month or so!  We’re trying to invest in things we can take with us when we leave (if we leave) and even though gravel isn’t one of those things, I’m hoping it helps us sell!


The past two weeks have been all about planting flowers and Grace has been my #1 helper.  She has gotten lots of use out of her princess shovel and watering can if only she had better aim.  Most days I’m left covered with dirt thanks to my little assistant but I guess making a mess is part of the fun, right?  The flowers we’ve potted have definitely added to the ambiance out back and I actually thinking we need to add even more!  These days we’re lovin’ the new patio set so much that we’ve had dinner outside every evening this week and I’m thinking we’ll continue to do so for the rest of the summer.  Anywho, that’s a bit of what’s going on around these parts – lots of yard work, lots of planting flowers and lots of outdoor fun. :) 


And now I must leave you with this ridiculously adorable video I took of the Bean yesterday.  We’re going to the lake with family and friends for the 4th of July this year and I made the mistake of telling Grace about it a week before we actually go.  Let’s just say she’s having a hard time understanding why the 4th of July isn’t NOW and why, oh why must we wait to go.  Only a few more days baby girl!





2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little helper!!! I love her enthusiasm. The video is funny. In that "I have sooooo been there" way. So far, age 4 has been good to us so there is a light at the end of the tunnel ;)

    PS-That water table is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing that 3 is harder than 2 and if so, we need to buckle in! The emotions that come out of this girl are just too much sometimes, lol. I imagine this is how my mom must have felt considering Grace acts just like me... Poor Georgia. ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...