Thursday, July 24, 2014

Backyard Remodel

You guys, our backyard remodel is FINALLY finished! Woot, woot! After 2 months of sunburns, back aches and blisters, I was starting to think this day would never come but it did. As I posted a few days ago, we’ve already hosted a gathering in our lovely new space and dinner on the back patio has become a regular thing around here. I don’t know why we waited so long to do this and I’m mildly ashamed of the fact that the only reason we even started working out back was because we were planning to sell our home… I guess the important thing isn’t when we started or why but that we did it, right? Ha! In any case, we love the way everything turned out and we LOVE, love the fact that we were able to do it all at very little cost.

I can’t believe I’m sharing these “before” pictures because they are absolutely hideous and a bit embarrassing but oh well.  Here’s what we did:

* Rototilled and leveled the backyard.
* Covered the area with lawn fabric.
* Covered half the backyard and dog run in gravel (that we got for free from a dude who wanted to get rid of it)!


* Pulled about a million weeds. For the record, I detest weeds.
* Built a large flowerbed where we planted passion vines.
* Power washed the existing cement patio(s).
* Removed stone on the side yard, washed and replaced it.


* Plotted off an area of the backyard and filled it with rubber mulch.
* Added solar lighting to the walkway leading to the backyard.
* Planted lots of flowers.
* Purchased a new patio set and umbrella.


* Cleaned and leveled the dog run.
* Moved paver stones to the dog run creating a space where the doggies can get water and play in their water bucket.
AND
* Covered the dog run with a large hanging solar sunshade.

Now, were those “before” pictures horrible or what? Dear Lord. I’m so happy to have a new pretty place to spend family time and I’m happy to report that since we started working outside Grace has watched way less television and we’ve burned lots of calories in the process. A win, win in my book!
Happy summer, friends. :)


8 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You guys have done such an awesome job!! Maybe you should start your own business. For reals. I'm super impressed. I got tired just reading your list. Love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks AMAZING!! I'm extremely impressed! Can you come do our backyard next? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I'm impressed. It's like magazine worthy. And I'm in agreement with the comment above ... Can you do your yard next? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous space! So are you staying now or still trying to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this space! I am so glad that Peyton has a backyard to play in now - nothing like yours.... but a yard is great for growing kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NICE JOB !
    and also. I'm kinda sad to see that Hot Nana is off of the market. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! We're so happy with the way it came out and we're even thinking about other things we want to add. Swingset, I think so!

    Spring, we're not sure about the move. Because we don't have to move we're sticking to our list price. If someone bites, great. If not, that's okay too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...