Tuesday, July 22, 2014

She’s going to the chapel!

My mom is getting married and we’re so flippin’ excited! We’re happy because she’s sooooo happy and we are happy because her fiancé Kevin is pretty great. He’s sweet and loving and so very kind. They really are perfect for each other.


My ma has tried her best to keep things with her engagement low-key thinking that it would be inappropriate to make a big deal out of the fact that she’s getting MARRIED and well, I disagree. I love that they both want a destination wedding because that means we’ll all get to go somewhere tropical as a family and lord knows we had a blast the last time we did that, but still... There needs to be a little celebrating here at home too!


With that in mind, Georgia and I threw my mom and K a low-key, somewhat impromptu engagement party this past weekend and it was perfect. At first, I sold my mom on the idea by masquerading it as a Sunday family night, which we often have. Once she agreed to that I let her know that we would also have a little champagne to cheers the upcoming wedding. From there we picked out a few decorations, some cute wedding accessories for the guests of honor and kept the guest list to just our immediate families and my best friend who was in town visiting.


As I said before, it was the perfect kind of engagement party for them. Once my mom and Kevin arrived, they were beaming with happiness and my mom even cried when she walked into the kitchen and saw the decorations. Georgia grilled some amazing steak, shrimp and chicken kabobs. My sis-in-law made some yummy pasta and we all noshed on cheese plates with a variety of goodies.


Kevin’s family joined us including his grandson and all the kiddos had a blast playing in our newly finished backyard (a before/after post on the backyard coming soon)! I tried snatching Grace up for a few pictures and as you can see below, she was not a fan of that. This was the first time she had a handful of little buddies over to play out back and she wanted to soak up every minute of it!


Sara’s expecting baby #2 (a boy) in October! Isn’t she so cute! :)


The festivities went on well into the night and my mom and Kevin ended up being the last to leave. They both thanked us about 20 times but honestly, it was us who were honored to be a part of such a special night.


So hurry up 2015! 
We’re ready to have sand in our toes, cocktails on the beach, and wedding fun!



3 comments:

  1. Hot Nani is off the market?!?!? Bummer ;)

    Congrats and that backyard looks AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is, LOL! We're so happy to be finished with the yard. I'm working on a before/after post now, yay and thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yay for your mom!!!! She looks super happy!! Please talk her into getting married in Hawaii!! I'll officiate for free! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...