Sunday, October 12, 2014

2013 Family Photo Album

Making Gracie’s baby scrapbook of her first year has become the never-ending mission of my life! I wanted it to be an actual scrapbook with printed pictures, cute paper and my handwriting and while that sounded like a great idea, here I am, 2 ½ years later and I’ve only completed The Bean’s first 5 months of life… I forgot how time consuming it was to scrapbook and I’m sooo over it, lol! I know I’ll finish it eventually and I’ll do the same for baby #2 but that’s it. It’s been decided that any and all future photo albums will be completed electronically. It’s just so much easier and a lot less expensive. 

All of my free time over the past couple of weeks has gone toward finishing our 2013 family photo album on Shutter.fly. They reel me in every time with awesome coupons and then what’s intended to be a small project turns into weeks of digital crafting time. Because I wanted to fit all of our 2013 photos into one book, choosing which photos would make the cut took the most time. As you all know, I’m a picture taker and picking 5-8 pictures of family events where 30+ pictures are taken was a mission in itself. In either case I’m done, I LOVE the way it turned out and I saved $91.93 with coupons! Now if I can just finish our gal's baby book before she goes off to college, we'll be all set.

Here’s the finished product :) 



8 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Yeah, I gave up on the REAL scrapbooking when Little Monster was about 3. I have not even started one for Boo. I think it is the norm with early parenthood. My plan is to either 1) someday break down and do a shutterfly book OR make the time to go through blog posts and print them up in a book type thing. Blogging is essentially my scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our blogs are totally like scrapbooks! I always forget about that. I found a great company that I went through to order blog books on our first 3 years. I have the info listed on the right side tab if you want to try them.

      Delete
  2. How lovely is your book! I am the exact same I done a huge scrap book for my girlfriend for her 21st birthday! It took forever and cost ALOT! But its big enough to carry on for i think for ever :') Xx
    http://oliviacherylx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome! I'm sure she loved it.

      Delete
  3. You know what? I may have just been convinced to start using Shutterfly instead of iPhoto to create digital photo books. I love the page designs you were able to create! Thanks for the idea, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it! They are the only photo company that I've come across that allows you to NOT have your photos color corrected. I edit my own stuff, so I love that feature.

      Delete
  4. If I send you all my photos will you make me a book too ;) We made one fro our wedding and it took FOREVERRRRR! Goodness gracious (although it can't be as much time as "real" scrapbooking) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sure! ;) One piece of advice I would give you is to start making your little ones baby book month to month from the start. Going back and doing a year is a lot of work.

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...