Thursday, October 30, 2014

{2014} Halloween Part I ~ Tinker Bell

Before I get started, can we all please direct our attention to the cutest Tinker Bell I’ve ever seen? Of all the pictures taken of our little Tink this Halloween, this one is Mama’s favorite!


For The Bean’s first Halloween we, (like most new parents) wanted to take a million pictures of our adorable squishy baby girl. Not only was it her very FIRST Halloween, but I was also super excited because I learned how to sew and made her lion costume just for the occasion! We decided to have professional pictures taken because we were basically obsessed with our kiddo and wanted to document all of her “firsts”. Little did we know, we were starting a tradition that would be hard to stop.


For our gal’s second Halloween, I was a stay-at-home mom so our funds were limited. I didn’t want that to keep us from taking adorable pictures of our gal in the Little Mermaid costume her Nani helped me make, so we set up a home photo session in our kitchen. It cost little to nothing to buy the fabric and sea shells we used and our DIY Halloween pictures turned out so flippin’ adorable. Grace was at an age where we could get her to smile with things like bubbles so that’s exactly what we did (that and we danced around with her favorite stuffed animals like a pair of crazy mamas… You do what you have to do). Even though the better part of 2013 was a stressful time for our family, I will always look back at those pictures with such fond memories.


This year, G and I had a few conversations about whether or not we wanted to continue with the tradition and ended up deciding that it wasn’t really something we needed to do. Then about 2 weeks ago, I received a coupon from the same studio we had Grace’s first Halloween pictures taken and the seed was planted. I talked G into taking pictures (again) with the sales pitch that the coupon gave us the option to spend practically nothing for a copy of our favorite pose. She agreed, because obviously I’m a master negotiator. ;)


Fast forward to this year’s photo shoot that quickly went from 30 minutes to an hour and the one pose we came to have taken, turned into more poses than I can count. Our photographer was amazing and she and Grace became fast friends. When you begin falling in love with every picture taken, you know you’re in trouble and we LOVED them all. I mean, how could we pick just one of these?


We ended up going slightly over budget but that’s ok. Is there anything worth more than a memory captured forever? A cell phone picture, a quick snapshot – they’re all so great! The best wedding advice I received when we were wedding planning was to invest in a good photographer because in 50 years, those pictures are going to be what helps you remember the special moments and these are definitely special moments for us mamas. We won’t soon forget them. :)


I can’t wait to see all your adorable kiddos dressed up in their Halloween costumes! I know I’ll be checking my blog roll often over the next couple of days so hurry and share! I LOVE Halloween, love, love it!


My other favorites! I can’t even!



6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have been able to pick just one either. Gorgeous pics of your beautiful girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on her costume, you're amazing! Love all of the pictures! You can never have enough...I'm picture obsessed myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say, thanks! You being picture obsessed is one of the reasons I love your blog! That little guy of yours is such a cutie. :)

      Delete
  3. These are so beautiful!! So impressed, and as you say, they are lasting memories.

    Now that she's getting a little older, does Grace choose what character she wants to be? She's lucky to have such a talented Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This is likely the last year we'll pick for her. At first she really wanted to be Little Mermaid for a 2nd year in a row but I was able to sell her on the idea of Tinker Bell. We've never done a family theme before but I already had the pirate stuff and G threw her costume together the day of, so it just worked out. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...