Tuesday, October 28, 2014

So much to celebrate!

In our family, the month of October brings the usual visits to the Pumpkin Patch, costume making and Halloween decorating. One thing it also brings is birthdays. Lots of birthdays. This year my Ma celebrated a big one turning 55 and our niece Mia turned 3. And while we’ve attended other birthday celebrations throughout the month, these two were the biggest!

For Mia’s 3rd birthday party, my sis-in-law went all out turning our corner of Peter Piper Pizza into a scene from the movie, Frozen. M wore the cutest little blue dress and princess crown and was the prettiest Latina looking Princess Elsa I ever did see. Grace was beyond excited talking non-stop about the party in the days leading up and she was a ball of energy the entire time we were there. I’m pretty sure she thought it was somehow a party for her too, ha!


Mia was one very spoiled birthday girl, which is to be expected but was also so great at sharing the entire afternoon letting Grace basically open her presents with her. Those two rode every ride they got their hands on; they shared Princess Elsa rings, Mia’s toys and goodies. It makes me so happy that my little one has this built-in best bud that she’ll be able to grow up with. Being super close with my cousins to this day; I know how special that bond is. :)


My little family celebrating our sweet niece.


With my mom getting married next year, we decided to keep it simple for her 55th birthday even though 55 is usually a big one. For her, having our family together is all she needs to have a wonderful time. I know that sounds cheesy but it’s totally true so my brother and I made sure that’s exactly what we did.


To celebrate Nani, we all gathered for dinner at a favorite steakhouse and enjoyed yummy food, cheesecake and watched as Nani was showered with presents. We talked a lot about my Ma and Kevin’s destination wedding coming up in early 2015 and all the fun things they have planned. It was the perfect way to celebrate an amazing mom and grandmother. Love you, mom.



3 comments:

  1. Aww how nice to have such lovely close family. Looks like you all had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Did you guys decide on a destination?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the wedding is in March you would think they would have all that stuff figured out... They haven't, lol!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...