Friday, November 14, 2014

*Birthday Road Trip*

It’s been nearly three weeks since we returned from sunny Arizona but with Halloween and the Bean’s school functions, I’m just now getting around to uploading pictures and sharing our road trip with ya’ll! Let me start by saying, once again, how amazing my wife is! This trip was her idea and she spoiled me rotten with LOVE and birthday gifts the entire weekend. I now have a super cute, hot pink gym bag, which means I can throw away the old ratty one I’ve been using for 7+ years and an angel charm for my charm bracelet. Thank you for making me feel so loved and special this year, babe. You know I wasn’t really looking forward to my birthday and would have preferred to pretend like it was any old day if I had my choice. In hindsight, I’m so glad you refused to let me do that. xo


My lifelong bf lives in AZ with her husband and kiddos and we try to visit them at least once a year. This year, our visit was extra special because she just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Oliver. It’s so hard to live in a different state then your bestie, but I think we do a pretty good job of getting together often. I wasn’t sure if it would make my heart ache to be around a precious baby but it was actually pretty great. Holding that little guy and smothering him with kisses reminded me of what Georgia and I are working so hard to do. It reminded me of how amazing it’s going to be when Gracie has her own little brother or sister to have and hold. I honestly don’t think I let Sara hold Oliver as much as she would have liked to as a new mommy because I couldn’t put him down. I remember Gracie being that small like it was just yesterday. It’s amazing how fast time flies.


Our 7 hour road trip there went as well as can be expected with a toddler. I didn’t realize how easy diapers made things until we had to travel with a little gal in big girl underwear. We stopped just about every hour and did have to have her squat in the bushes for one of our potty breaks, which was hilarious! She passed the time coloring, “reading” books with her eReader, playing with stickers, eating snacks and playing I Spy. Even with all of those things to occupy her time, she did have one meltdown around the time we crossed the AZ border, yelling “I WANT TO STAND” over and over, lol! Who could blame her… I wanted to stand too!


Our long weekend was pretty chill, which is exactly what we were looking to do. We spent my bday at the Arizona State Fair, which was super fun. I had never visited another state fair outside of New Mexico so it was cool to see how another state does it. Grace is fearless so she wanted to ride rides the entire time we were there. Below is a video of her riding a big girl ride all on her own for the first time ever! On this day, it was the first of many!



We ate horribly unhealthy fair food and loved every minute of it! The girls got their faces painted and actually sat still the entire time. We were very proud of them, ha!


The entire trip the girls were like two peas in a pod. They drew pictures together!


The made pizzas together with auntie Sara!


They swam and cuddled!


And they made a Halloween poster for us. :)


We spent our last day of vacation shopping at IKEA. It was a bit of a shopping spree but it was well planned and prepped for! We went with the whole, “if you build it, they will come” philosophy and figured that this would likely be our last chance to purchase Gracie’s big girl furniture and free up our nursery furniture for baby #2. I did some research and we arrived knowing exactly what we wanted… and still we were there for HOURS. It was totally worth it because we LOVE, love her new big girl room. She now sleeps in a Queen size bed with pink bedding (Gracie’s request). BIG GIRL ROOM post coming soon!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...