Sunday, November 9, 2014

{Five Years}

Warning: this post is going to be packed full of sappy love stuff, so brace yourself. ;)


This weekend the wifey and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! I’m still in disbelief that an entire 5 years has passed since we stood barefoot on a sandy beach and promised to love each other forever. Yet here we are {1,827 days} later and even more in love then we were on that day. I know the reason the time passed so quickly and that reason is – my wife makes marriage easy. That’s not to say that our marriage is perfect or without stressful days, because I honestly don’t believe that a marriage like that exists. What I do believe is that when you are with someone who is considerate and kind, selfless and loving and just a happy person to be around, time tends to fly.


I’m sitting here while G and Grace take their Sunday nap still beaming with joy thinking of the special things Georgia did to celebrate our first five years as wife and wife. She got her craft on, believe it or not! Yes, my wife, the self-describe non-crafter in our relationship, not only researched the meaningful gift she made me but went on to use ribbon and glue and pictures and Mod Podge. I can’t even believe it! The traditional 5 year anniversary gift is wood, so my amazing wife made me a wooden plaque symbolizing our 3 wedding ceremonies. She can’t imagine how much it meant to me. :)

And because we seem to share a brain most days, the gift I made her was very similar. I came across this idea on a blog years ago and tucked it away for this anniversary.


{Maps of the 3 places we’ve married, Cabo San Lucas Mexico, Vancouver British Columbia and New Mexico}

We planned to spend our anniversary at a couples retreat at our favorite spa but as luck would have it, both Georgia and Grace came down with a 48-hour bug so instead of the spa we spent our 5th anniversary cleaning vomit and doing laundry. Loads and loads of laundry. I honestly wasn’t too disappointed. It’s just one of those things that sometimes happens when you become a parent. There will be many more anniversaries in our future. I’m just glad both my girls are feeling better and I’m no longer on cleanup duty!


With that, I would like to wish my wife a very happy anniversary. To the love of my life and the most amazing Mommy around, thank you for making our anniversary so special and thank you for all you do to make me feel happy and loved every single day. I absolutely LOVE my anniversary band and will think of you every morning when I put it on and head out into the world.   



14 comments:

  1. I love that map idea!!! SO ADORABLY CLEVER you are! That ring set, woah. That is some serious "I love you" bling. Hope G and G are feeling better. Happy HAPPY Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wish I could take credit for it!

      I'm basically obsessed with my wedding ring, ha! I know that at the end of the day it's just a piece of jewelry and what it symbolizes is what matters... But it's still nice to have something pretty to look at. ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! What a beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this someday.

    Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You WILL have this one day, my friend! You deserve nothing but love!

      Delete
  4. Loved this!! Still want the story of how you managed to snag her. :)
    Congratulations you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stac! Go to the "Story of Us" tab at the top of the page. You can find all the dirt there, lol!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary ! LOVE the map picture. I wish we would have had several weddings behind us so that I could copy it ;-) Love the rings too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K! You could always do one for where you met, married and where you renew vows! Aren't you two approaching 20 years together?!! I'm thinking a vow renewal is needed for a commitment that impressive!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...