Wednesday, January 28, 2015

3/52: Baseline Ultrasound

Today we checked our first major IVF milestone off the list – my baseline ultrasound! It’s crazy to think that this appointment has already come and gone because I feel like it was just yesterday that they gave us our calendar and I counted 3 weeks until today’s visit, feeling like it would take forever to get here. Time is just flying!

As I mentioned in my last post, we were a bit concerned because of bleeding I experienced several days last week and the chance that I could possibly have a cyst. By Tuesday morning the bleeding stopped (right around the time I stopped taking birthday control), so I started to feel a lot less worried about it prior to today’s visit. Still, we went into the appointment this afternoon praying that we would be told I was cyst free and we were! No cysts! Phew, such a relief!

We first met with the IVF coordinator to turn in all of our consent forms as well as our IVF deposit, which was a big chunk of change. The wife and I are hopeful that we won’t end up having to use the entire deposit but we’re also thankful to have the resources to get the ball rolling. Just trying to look for the positives, ya know. ;)

My ultrasound was pretty amazing because for once we were given GOOD news! Everything looked great. My lining looked just as it should and I have a lot of eggs that are just chillin’ and ready to grow. They counted 15 on one side and +20 on the other. Because I have so many, they’re going to closely monitor my meds in an effort to keep the growth slow and steady. I start my Gonadotropins on Saturday and will be up to 3 pokes a day come next week... Yikes! It looks like retrieval will take place the second week of February and that’s when things will come to a screeching halt, which is a huge bummer.

Because of a family trip that we’re taking with all of G’s family that’s been planned since last year and my mom’s wedding in San Diego at the end of March, we’re having to push my transfer date back quite a bit and that part totally sucks. I feel like we’re at a place where things are finally picking up steam only to have to put the breaks on everything… but what can you do. I’m just trying to remind myself that we’ve been at this whole baby-making thing for a year and a half now, so what’s a few more months.

Anywho, it was a great day full of even better news. I’m just so thankful for my wife and everything that she’s doing during this process. I wish you guys could see how cute she’s been watching all the how-to videos over and over while making her own calendars for my meds and everything else. We’re checking in with each other and reminding each other of things we need to do in this process everyday and she’s made every part of it so much easier. We make a pretty good team. :)

I have a lot of catching up to do with all of your blogs and plan to spend my free time this weekend doing just that. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from today’s appointment. Good night, friends.

Grow, grow, grow!!!


4 comments:

  1. Them's is some nice looking follicles. :-)
    P.S. I had a cyst on my ovary. It didn't seem to hurt anything.
    Just keep telling yourself. You'd spend more for a car and a kid is WAY more important than a car.
    So are you going to do FET then ? Frozen embryo transfer ? Because you are waiting due to the wedding etc ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope the good news just keeps on coming! Are you doing the real cycle now? Or just a trial run?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a FET and am so glad that I did. It gave my body time to heal from the retrieval whch was more painful than I expected as I had so many eggs retrieved. Waiting is tough, but will be so with it in the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything goes well. It's a bummer you have to wait but maybe your baby wants to come at a certain time and it'll all work out. ;) It all sounds so promising!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...