Wednesday, April 8, 2015

{Gracie’s THREE year pictures}

I feel like I’ve been MIA forever but we’re finally home! We’re exhausted… We’re still on somewhat of a Disneyland high and we are all sporting a nice golden tan! This was the longest vacation we’ve ever taken as a family and I have so much to share that I figured Gracie’s three-year pictures would be the best place to start.

The past two weeks have been spent in sunny California with our journey beginning at the most amazing beachfront resort in San Diego where Gracie’s Nani got hitched. It was a beautiful wedding that deserves a post of it’s own, so stay tuned for that. The wedding was followed by a trip up the cost where we spent a few days soaking up some rays on the beach while staying with G’s brother, uncle Dean. The ocean was the perfect backdrop for our gal’s 3-year birthday pictures and I’m so happy with how they turned out.

Our beach day was followed by a short drive to Anaheim where we spent the remainder of our trip in an amazing condo just minutes from Disneyland with Gracie's Gaga, Papa and uncles! I took well over 1,000 pictures over the 10 days we were traveling and aside from the Bean’s birthday photos; I have yet to go through any of them.

My goal is to share our many California adventures before the month ends, so without further ado, here is our gorgeous gal’s three-year pictures. We went with a timeless themed black and white shoot with the ocean as the backdrop. So much about being a toddler is loud, colorful and busy, so I loved the idea of some classic and simple shots of our daughter basking in the beauty of being three. 

Thank you for capturing these beautiful pictures, Chris. We love every single one.


Hello beautiful.

This past week didn’t turned out as we hoped. My first FET ended in a negative pregnancy test. We actually found out the afternoon these pictures were taken. The news came in as I was sitting alone on the beach watching my beautiful wife and baby girl play in the waves and while it wasn’t easy to hear, it also wasn’t devastating for me. This isn’t the end of our story and I know that much deep in my heart. We’ll have one more try with FET and if that doesn’t work we have another perfectly good uterus and there’s some serious conversations in the works about adoption.

At the end of the day, regardless of what ends up happening, we have this beautiful and perfect little girl that we get to call our daughter. 

We are so incredibly blessed.



7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, my heart is breaking for you! I love your positive outlook though and you're absolutely right, you have the most beautiful little girl in your life already! I'm so happy to hear that you're looking forward and taking steps to make your dream come true, one way or another! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love the photos!
    I was so sure you were going to pregnant when you got back, I'm sorry it didn't work out this time. Many prayers for the next try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sorry. I'm so glad that you are finding peace and calm through this.
    I can't imagine that the absolutely gorgeous little girl in those pictures above is helping ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down but not out! Love your optimism and love those photos!!! That girl is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kristin, I am so sorry :( I love your positive outlook, but still ache for you. It's not easy. Not even a little bit. You are right though, you have other options to take in this journey and that you KNOW in your heart this journey is not over yet is a testament that it really isn't. Adoption has been in and out of our plans off and on for the last 6 years. If anyone can do it, you and G can!!!

    Ok, so....goodness me, tell that absolutely perfectly precious little girl to slow down with the growing!!! She looks so much like a KID in these amazing pictures. The one of her laying in front of her name in the sand, perfection!!! You are blessed <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys. You always make me feel supported and just better about the crappy situation we're in. I'm in somewhat of a negative place right now. I plan to post about it so hopefully I can get my hungover self to do that today... Feeling sad + going to my brother's house for some drinks + tequila and Crown = I feel like death today, lol! Can we just fast-forward through me getting pregnant, having the baby and being my happy normal self again, please?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the picture of her name in the sand. It's adorable! As for the FET, I'm just sorry it hasn't worked out. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...