Friday, June 12, 2015

*2015 Summer Bucket List*

The Bean’s preschool co-op is officially on break until her next school year and New Mexico is expected to have temperatures reaching the mid-90s this week. What does this all mean you ask? It’s officially SUMMER up in here, woot!


It’s actually felt like summer for a few weeks now because the weather has been great, but for our little tribe, until our gal starts her summer activities, it doesn’t feel like much of a change. I wanted to wait until the “official” start to summer, i.e. the Summer Solstice on June 21st to unveil our 5th Annual Summer Bucket List, but we’re already scratching things off our list and I was eager to share, especially because most of my fav bloggers started weeks ago. Once again, I’m falling behind but I’m thrilled that more people are participating in the Summer Bucket List Challenge because for a while there it felt like it was just me and K over at Role Playing with Kids, holding down the fort. Then she decided to stop blogging (I’m still not happy about this, btw) and deserted me. Thankfully I’m friends with an oh-so popular blogging mama named Amanda over at Little Monster(s) and Mommies and she’s done an awesome job of spreading the word and getting more bloggers involved. Hey Amanda, air high-five!

So if you want to join in and you’re looking for SBL ideas, here’s a few from last year that were pretty great (including ours)!


Once our list was made and Gracie actually started her summer activities, I suddenly realized just how busy our summer is going to be. As it stands today, her t-ball, swim school, summer school and dance classes that start next week, will keep us busy 5 out of 7 days a week. You would think that would get exhausting but G and I trade off some of the time and my in-laws help with summer school pick-up so, so far it’s worked out great! As a mama who works outside the home, it’s a challenge to find stuff for your kiddo to do in the summer that doesn’t take place mid-day or in the mornings. Even so, I think we did a pretty darn good job of it this year. The Bean’s dance classes don’t actually start until next weekend and I was able to schedule her youth ranch camp following the end of theatre summer school so we don’t have too much overlap. The last thing I want is to create a SBL that’s going to stress us out and have us running all over town; so if you’re planning to make one, just know that it’ll take you some time to research everything you want to do, but it’s totally doable and can be as long or short as your time will permit.  

Here’s all the super fun things we have planned for Gracie’s 4th summer, some of which we’ve already crossed off the list and others that have started and will run all summer long. Posts on those fun things coming soon. :)

{2015 Summer Bucket List}
1. Swim school
2. T-ball
3. Dance class
4. Make a fairy garden
5. Go camping
6. Feed ducks
7. Run through the sprinklers
8. Visit the library
9. Make popsicles
10. Go to Ranch Camp
11. Theatre Themed Summer School
12. Visit local water park
13. Lake trip
14. Go swimming
15. Movies on the lawn
16. Plant a Salsa Garden
17. Have a picnic
18. Visit the Nature Center
19. Make homemade playdough
20. Go to a Zoo Music Concert
21. Light fireworks
22. Roast marshmallows
23. Make root beer floats

I’m loving all the fun summer adventures everyone is having and I’m so happy to finally be sharing ours! If you do make a Summer Bucket List, be sure to leave a link to your list in the comments below!


4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhh! I am so excited to see this up here!!! Such a great list! You are doing awesome already checking things off too. I just posted my first "check off" recap today!

    I never realized how busy that having kids would keep us. I completely get your 5/7 days a week being full of Gracie activities. I love the combination of stuff you have planned and that yummy treats are incorporated, because, ummm, hello, IT IS SUMMER BREAK!!!! Root beer floats, hell yea!

    PS- Air high five right back at you. Thanks for the shout out, but I think you and K are the birthers of SBL Blog Challenge....at least that is what I put on my blog, LOL. I did not know it existed until I saw it here first. Now get to writing those posts ;)

    PSS- I am thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend and thank you for thinking of us. Now I just need to actually post about the things we've done, lol! I've promised myself I'll share a SBL post at least once a week. Now that I'm not tired 24/7 from those stupid PIO shots. It's crazy how much better I feel now that I'm not taking all that crap.

      Delete
  2. You guys are awesome at this SBL thing!! It makes me excited to do one too. I feel like I need Jenn to jump on board though. I like your tip about not making one that is going to completely stress you out. That would be my style. It would be totally over the top and have us running around like mad. No fun. I'm going to keep it realistic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, make one and do involve Jenn! G picked almost half our list this year. It was fun to see the activities she found that I probably would have never come across like t-ball for 3 year olds and Gracie's summer program. I can't wait to see your list. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...