Sunday, August 2, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Make a Fairy Garden √


Growing up, my great grandma Chris had the most amazing garden! She and my grandpa lived in a beautiful home on the lake in the Ozarks and we would visit every summer. Everything was green and covered in flowers and absolutely beautiful. They had a ton of huming bird feeders, wind chimes and birdhouses everywhere. It was like a house out of Better Homes & Gardens.


This is where I discovered fairy gardens. Years before you could order kits online to make these magical gardens, my super crafty grandma with a green thumb had them all over her front and backyard. There were several scattered around the property and each had a theme. I have memories of red porcelain mushroom caps with white polka dots that were a part of all her fairy gardens and I 100% believed her when she told me that the fairies came alive at night to tend to the plants.

As you can imagine, I’ve been dying to make one with Grace!

Last summer we completed our backyard renovations, which meant we finally had an area for Gracie’s first fairy garden! I surprised her with the fairy houses earlier this summer and she picked where she wanted them to go and how she wanted everything set up. We’ve since added a few more fairies Gracie’s Gaga gave us and I plan to add a little more every year as long as we still have the space. We’ve had some surprise plants bloom in the planter where the fairy garden is located which have now grown to cover the fences circling the little houses. This only further convinced Grace that her fairies have been hard at work making things grow! ;)


2015 Summer Bucket List – Make a Fairy Garden √


1. Swim school
2. T-ball
3. Dance class
4. Make a fairy garden
5. Go camping
6. Feed ducks
7. Run through the sprinklers
8. Visit the library
9. Make popsicles
10. Go to Ranch Camp
11. Theatre Themed Summer School
12. Visit local water park
13. Lake trip
14. Go swimming
15. Movies on the lawn
16. Plant a Salsa Garden
17. Have a picnic
18. Visit the Nature Center
19. Make homemade playdough
20. Go to a Zoo Music Concert
21. Light fireworks
22. Roast marshmallows
23. Make root beer floats

8 comments:

  1. yip I want to live in that house.
    Awesome bucket list item. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Living on a lake is my dream!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Fairy gardens/houses are huge in Toronto. The girls discovered one in a park. Someone built a little door on the hole in a tree and put out tiny patio furniture for the fairies. The girls were obsessed with it!
    This needs to be on the bucket list…in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace would be thrilled if she found a fairy garden at the park! We're still waiting on your bucket list, btw. ;)

      Delete
  3. Love it. We have one too and I love the idea of fairies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see yours! Post a few pictures. :)

      Delete
  4. I need to put this on next year's bucket list!!! How awesome! Did you order the houses or repurpose the little pots from something else? Seriously cute.

    Btw, I have a long winded response to your 4th of July post that I need to make happen. I keep meaning to do it but haven't had the time to formulate it into coherency. You know how it is. Also, so very sorry about your cousin. I've been thinking of you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think both kiddos would be so into it! I purchased some of the fairy stuff at a craft store and Gracie's Gaga gave us some fairies too. It would be pretty stinkin' adorable to make them by hand though.

      I'm still waiting on your response to my 4th of July post btw! I would love to hear what you thought of the whole situation... Thanks for thinking of us.

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...