Monday, December 21, 2015

{2015 Family Pictures}


Growing up, my mom was pretty much obsessed with having professional pictures taken of us kids. With that being said, if you’ve followed this blog for any short period of time, you know that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree… I too am a bit obsessed with capturing pictures of this beautiful little family of mine. Knowing this, you can imagine my shock when the wife told me that her family only had their portrait taken once when she was younger than Gracie and her brother was around 6 or 7 years old. I’ve seen these pictures and they are adorable, but even Georgia wishes she had more photos of her with her parents and brother to hold on to.


There’s just something about looking back on the wonder years when your family was in its infancy and full of new beginnings that will completely melt your heart, no matter how much time has passed.


This conversation that we had all those months ago planted a seed and I knew we needed to remedy the situation all these years later. When we found out that Gracie’s uncles were visiting for Thanksgiving, the timing was just too perfect not to get everyone together for a family photo shoot! I thought I would possibly get some kick back from my FIL because he’s not really a photo shoot kind of guy, but even he seemed excited at the idea! Yay, major points for this daughter-in-law. ;)


Our amazing family photographer cleared some time on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon and met us in Old Town to run around capturing memories for us! The weather was nice considering it was late November. Gracie was rested and even my father-in-law who hadn’t taken a professional picture in 35+ years, was all smiles. Lindsey took around 150 (again, she’s amazing) but I’ll save you from having to look through that many, lol!


I’ve managed to narrow it down to my top 20(ish) absolute favorites! I love these pictures and the family I was blessed to have married into. No family is perfect… but these humans are pretty darn close to it. They welcomed me in and have loved and supported me for the past decade. I absolutely know how blessed I am to have that.  


“Family is like music. Some high notes, some low notes, but always a beautiful song.”



10 comments:

  1. Love shines through in every single picture. You can't photo shop that. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet, thanks K! I just know that in the blink of an eye we'll be looking back on these pictures and Grace will be all grown up. I've been meaning to tell you how happy I was to find you on FB. I missed seeing pictures of your kiddos. :)

      Delete
  2. AMAZING pictures. I'm glad you didn't keep life on hold and you went ahead and got them done. I want to do the same for our family. :)

    It sounds like everything is going well and you've been having some nice holiday time with family for Thanksgiving and the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a super busy but really great holiday season. With that being said, I'm so glad it's over, lol!

      You definitely need to have that beautiful family of yours photographed!

      Delete
  3. These are all so amazing! Such a gorgeous family! Love the one of Gracie holding the merry Christmas sign and you 3 on the steps. Those uncles are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I love the picture with the Christmas sign too. :)

      Delete
  4. Such gorgeous pictures! I totally agree that family photos are invaluable. We try to get some with a photographer once a year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I always love your family photos!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...