Monday, November 14, 2016

Baby Announcement // 16 Weeks

As ya’ll know, I’m a bit obsessed with Halloween and who can blame me?! Not only is it the BEST holiday of the year, but it also falls on the same week as my birthday, which makes it all the more awesome! As luck and timing would have it this year, our pregnancy and the week we wanted to share the amazing baby news with the world lined up perfectly! So what else is there to do when something this magical happens but take pictures, lots and lots of pictures!


Our little Bean came to us a few weeks before Halloween and declared that she wanted to be “Batgirl, with a little bit of pink”! There was no question about it, no debating! She was going to be Batgirl and that was all there was to it. I wasn’t complaining when she made this request because for the first Halloween since she was born, I really did not have the time to sew her costume, which made me feel a bit guilty at first, but I quickly got over it, ha! We ended up finding the cutest costume at Target of all places and with the Elsa boots (that Mama colored in black) and the mask and wrist cuffs we found at the Halloween Super Store, our little superhero was all set!


The closer we got to Halloween and the more we talked about how we wanted to drop the baby bomb, the more the Superhero Family idea took shape! I knew I wanted to take pictures professionally as I really think this will be our last pregnancy and we want to remember every minute of it! Then, just days after talking with G about it, my friend Gabe casually mentioned that in addition to being a nurse, he moonlights as a family photographer! He sent me a link to his website and I was sold! Gabe was so excited when I told him about our ideas and soon had a whole Downtown Metropolis theme brewing, which turned out so great!


I wish I could take credit for how awesome our announcement pictures turned out, but it really was all Gabe’s vision and Gracie’s Batgirl adorableness! Wonder Woman was pretty stinkin’ cute too, with her little Superman tummy! I just couldn’t be happier with how they turned out and I know that when our little Superman is older, he will love looking back on them too!


Our photog took a ton of pictures and I LOVED them all, but these are my favorites!


:: Super BIG Sister Powers ::


We were completely overwhelmed by all the love, support and heartfelt congratulations we received when we made our big announcement! Thank you to everyone who took time to share in our happiness on social media, who called, text and left sweet messages on our previous post!

 

Growing our family has been the most difficult thing we’ve ever done and we are just so thankful to have been blessed with this little peanut! And sharing the news here, on the blog where I've documented this long journey, has been the thing I've looked most forward to. 

Hard to believe that we're already closing in on 19 weeks and then, poof - we're halfway finished with this pregnancy! Time is just flying (like Superman)! Ha!  xo, Kristin


10 comments:

  1. Love this so so so much. We are so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I could not be happier with how these turned out! It's still hard to believe this is all really happening! Sending love to you all and looking forward to your Christmas card this year! 🤗

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pictures and a great way to make the announcement. Still so happy for you guys. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Stacey! We're so beyond excited that we have a little boy on the way! The things you do with your boys always look like such a blast! Can't wait to see your little gal! How much longer until she's here?!

      Delete
  3. I wanted to comment on your previous post, but didn't make it to a computer. I am super excited for you all. Congratulations! The photos are absolutely super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, no worries! It's the thought that counts. ;) Thank you so much for the sweet message! We love how they turned out!

      Delete
  4. I'm so freaking happy for you! FINALLY! Love all the pictures, so adorable! Best Announcement I've seen in a very long time! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FINALLY is right, ha! Thanks so much, Nadine. :)

      Delete
  5. Worth the wait in every way!

    What adorable adorable ADORABLE photos. These will be treasured for years to come. I love photos where you can see the happiness and joy and these are exactly just that, happiness and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda! It was a day of happiness, for sure! I feel like I'm still walking on cloud 9! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...