Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Turning 35 & Nursery Planning!

Yes, true story… I’m officially 35 years old. I am now mid-thirties and there’s no denying it because I also have two white hairs to prove it’s true. But before we get into that, I have super exciting news…

My beautiful wife is now HALFWAY through this pregnancy! Georgia is 20 weeks, feeling way less barfy, a little less sleepy and looking more pregnant everyday. I feel like there’s so much for us to do and not enough time to do it and yet here we are, halfway to the finish line! I haven’t posted a real pregnancy update since 17 weeks and a lot has happened since then. I’ll share more in a Thanksgiving post this week but until I get around to that, here’s a little nursery update.


As I shared in our pregnancy journal post, Georgia and I have been collecting special things for this little guy since before we even had Gracie. In 2010, when we really started taking steps toward growing our family, I was shopping in a craft store one afternoon and came across this amazing painting of a little boy astronaut in outer space in front of all the planets. I loved it so much I dropped the $$$ and left with it that day. When I brought it home, G loved it too but thought I was cray for buying it before we even purchased sp.erm, haha! Who knows, maybe I am a little crazy and I did end up returning it, but guess what? This crazy lady really is having a son now and guess what his nursery theme is going to be? Outer Space!
I would be lying if I said we haven’t gone a bit overboard with getting started on baby boy’s room. G and I totally have and I don’t even care if it’s too much because planning a nursery is so dang fun! Our first purchase was a piece of string art of a blue rocket ship in a white boxed out frame. We then found these awesome moon rock bookends that look they were found on some far off planet! We have little hanging IKEA bookshelves that we’re going to paint red or white, or maybe yellow. The wifey has a black globe that she’s had since before we met that’s going to look so awesome in little man’s room. We also found a collection of four paintings of aliens and space-ish stuff and they’re adorbs! They match the cutest silver and glass knobs that look like planet Earth that we used to replace the boring brown knobs that were on the changing table drawers.


My two favorite things we’ve picked out for baby boy came from The Land of Nod, which is mama’s absolute favorite children's furniture and bedding shop. The company designs the majority of their items themselves and everything is made in the US, which I also LOVE. Above is a picture of our one and only Black Friday purchase and we didn’t even have to leave the house! I mean, how adorable is this bedding? I’m obsessed! Below is the comfy little seat we picked out for W’s reading corner. Gracie couldn’t stop touching it when the package arrived and is already talking about “reading to brother” on this little pouf. Be still, my heart!


Now, if only we could decide on a paint for the nursery! How are there so many blues and we can’t even decide if we want blue… Thankfully we still have a few months to figure it out.


So, on to the big 3-5! My wife is amazing and made this special birthday of mine so great! She started my morning with gifts and birthday cards, one of which had a special note from Gracie. This is the first birthday that my sweet girl actually wrote me a little birthday note. Heart melts!


I spent part of my birthday week celebrating with the Bean’s class on her school field trip to the museum. We had Halloween treats, listened to storytellers and ran around like crazy. After the fieldtrip, I took my gal on a mama & daughter date to the mall where we shared ice cream, visited Build-a-Bear and did some BIG sister shopping! Its days like this that make me wish so badly that I was a stay at home mom (even though I do realize that it isn’t all shopping and fun outings). I like to pretend that this is what life would be like if I got to hang out with my 4 year old all day, lol!


The big surprise Georgia had up her sleeve for me was a weekend getaway to Buffalo Thunder Resort! It was gorgeous, our room was amazing with an incredible view and even though we arrived later than we planning and completely forgot Gracie’s luggage at the front door (at home), it was an absolute blast!


We ordered room service, had the best gourmet coffee, ate delicious food and shopped our little hearts out! Of all of these things though, I would have to say that swimming in their indoor/outdoor heated pool and hanging in our cabana was my favorite part! Grace swam the entire time back and forth across the pool, by HERSELF and made me so proud!


Wifey-poo got some napping in thanks to the most comfortable beds on the planet! As in, I wanted to steal one and take it home! We went to the Plaza, introduced Grace to the world of marbles and satisfied G’s craving for chocolate at the coolest chocolate café that even served chocolate covered ginger chews. It was like killing two birds with one stone! Ginger for the barfiness + chocolate for my wife’s chocolate craving = one happy Mommy. :)


We ended our weekend getaway visiting the Meow Wolf Exhibit in Santa Fe, which was the weirdest, coolest thing ever! They were having a special Halloween event, which meant we got to spend as much time as we wanted exploring! It was so much fun and was the first time that I really noticed G’s baby belly, as she ran around after Gracie!

You can totally see it in the last picture posted below. Oh, my happy heart!
35 is going to be an amazing year!


9 comments:

  1. Yep, that is a baby belly for sure!!!! Weeeeeeeee! Love the outer space themed nursery. I cannot wait to see all that come together! That resort looks ah.mazinggggg.

    35 is looking like it is going to be a big year for you, enjoy the ride, you deserve it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see it now!! We had our 20 week gender reveal scan today confirming that baby is, without a doubt a boy, lol! The guest room (soon-to-be nursery) is still our catch-all, junk room. But I'm working on it! It's amazing how much crap we've stashed in that back room over the years! Now I'm being forced to purge all sorts of stuff and get organized but I don't mind, one bit!

      Thanks for the birthday wishes! 😘

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I didn't realize we are the same age!
    We are currently planning Fox's big boy room and he is also getting a space room, but so far we only have his (spaceship) bed, we need to start shopping!
    Looks like you had an amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadine! I didn't realize we were the same age either. How fun that you guys are doing a space room too! I've been surprised at how difficult it's been to find things. Everything I've ordered has come from online boutique shops but there's lots of cute stuff out there, if you look hard.

      You'll have to check out The Land of Nod! They have a really cute outer space toddler bedding set! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe how fast it's going - that baby boy will be here before you know it! Love love love the nursery! Here's to hoping we are right behind you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seriously can't believe how fast it's going! I'm praying that you guys are next! I have no doubt that you will be!!

      Delete
    2. And check your IG messages! I want an update! :)

      Delete
  4. That is some beautiful nursery stuff!! Wow!

    We are kind of crazy like that too except now with Charley being #4, we are a little more tame. Kind of hard to go crazy shopping when you have 3 kids to feed/clothe/etc. lol

    Happy birthday!!!! Sounds like you had an amazing birthday with a fabulous get-away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I can understand why things are more tame with you all the 4th time around... I can't even imagine all the balls you must be juggling! Thank you for the birthday love! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...