Thursday, December 8, 2016

My Gratitude List | 22 Weeks

In just 3 days we’ll be 22 weeks! Yay, yay, yay! Thanksgiving has come and gone and guess what is a mere 18 days away? Christmas, you guys! Christmas! I feel like there’s so much to be thankful for in our lives right now that I don’t even know where to begin. With that being said, and in the spirit of the holiday season, below is my 2016 gratitude list that I wanted to share because I’m feelin’ all the feels these days! But before you read on, please consider yourself warned… I’m in a happy, cheesy, over the top thankful place right now and I fear it borders on annoying… Sorry, not sorry! ;) 

1. I am thankful for the wish that worked


On the night before Thanksgiving, Georgia and I were doing dishes, mopping and running through our usual holiday host preparations. As we were cleaning the house, I came across something that immediately brought me to tears. Sitting on our kitchen window ledge behind a frame, was our turkey wishbone from last year. G had carved the turkey and set the wishbone aside for us, and when we made our wish on that cold afternoon, we didn’t even have to tell each other what we wished for. It went without saying that we were both wishing for a baby. By that point we were almost 2 years into ttc #2 and had officially decided to take a break for a year or possibly forever from trying with me. Our hearts were beaten up and fragile and we were slipping into a place of negativity. Still, despite all of these things, we somehow held onto our faith and still had hope. I don’t know how we did because it seriously felt like everything that could have gone wrong last year did and yet, we believed that our family wasn’t complete and our baby was still making his or her way to us. When I found our wishbone from last year, it filled my heart with feelings of gratitude and happiness knowing that there was a plan for our family that we did not yet know. Who would have thought that our 2015 wishbone would be our wish that worked! 

2. I am thankful for the health of my children


I think this is the first time that I’ve referred to Grace and baby boy as my children. Just writing that makes me so happy! I feel that good health is something many of us don’t think about, especially if we’re blessed to not have to think about it. This past week we received the most unbelievably amazing news from Gracie’s cleft lip medical team. We went in to have our consultation with the Bean’s Pediatric Oral Surgeon regarding operation #3, dental surgery following her 5th birthday. The appointment required that we complete a ton of paperwork; they examined Gracie’s mouth, teeth and gums and took a bunch of x-rays. Following the complete examination, Gracie’s surgeon came in to tell us that she would NOT need a 3rd cleft operation when she’s 5!!!!!!!!!!!!! No major bone graphing/dental surgery, no harvesting bone from her little hip and no hospital stays for our sweet girl! It appears that the tooth that grew in the split in her gum (that they said would never come in) has pushed her bone into place and will continue to do so as she grows! They told us that they will reevaluate yearly but all looks great and just like that, our minds were blown. Even at 4 ½ years old, our sweet gal had already started stressing about the operation, even though we very rarely brought it up. She would ask questions about it all the time wanting us to explain to her just exactly how much it would hurt, so to be able to tell her that there would be no surgery – well there are just no words for how incredible that felt to say, for us mama bears. God is good. 



And the good health news doesn’t stop there! In our 20-week anatomy scan, not only did everything about our little dude look and measure perfectly, but we were also able to confirm that the blood test was correct and he is most definitely a boy! He showed us his beautiful face, which is something Grace didn’t do until G was 28-weeks. His upper lip looked just as we hoped, cleft free! :)


3. I am thankful for Our Village of friends and family


They say it takes a village to raise a child and I couldn’t agree more! Grace is in her 3rd and last year at her preschool and even though we’re only half-way through the school year, It makes me so sad to think of the day we have to say farewell to her teachers, school buds and all of the amazing parents we’ve meet throughout her pre-k years. Georgia and I have become close friends with many of the parents and have just loved watching our gal build friendships with truly kind kiddos her age. It’s been the most amazing experience and we can’t wait for W to be a student there, one day too! I know our little dude will love it as much as Gracie did!


Gracie’s amazing school, the overwhelming love and support of her grandparents and all the aunties, uncles and friends who have showered our gal with love over the years have helped to shape her future in ways they will never truly understand. To say she is blessed would be an understatement!


4. I am thankful for our super speedy pregnancy this round!


I mean really, how are we nearly 22 weeks? I know that many people who read this will think, well of course it’s been fast for you… you’re not the one pregnant! The thing is, even Georgia feels that it’s flying by! We’re already passed the half-way point, coming up on 22 weeks and come the week of Christmas, we’ll reach *Viability* @ 25 weeks! Talk about the best Christmas present a parent could ask for! I know W is healthy and doing great, but I’m still itching to get to week 25, which I’m sure will come fast!

5. I am thankful for my selfless wife and our 7 years of marriage


The wife and I just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, which is just crazy! We kept it low key and stayed in, as is always the preference of homebodies like us. This 7th one really snuck up on me! With our anniversary falling so close to Christmas, we wanted to forgo gifts this year so that we could purchase our dream dishwasher and that’s exactly what we did! You know you’re officially an old married couple when you would prefer to purchase new appliances rather than get jewelry, haha! Seeing G pregnant again has made me fall even more in love with her (because she’s seriously the cutest prego ever) and even though there have been many times this pregnancy that I’ve feared that G may smother me with a pillow in my sleep, there is no one I would rather have as my person. Love you baby.

And here are a few more pictures from our Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving celebrations! Even Gracie got in on the action and prepared a feast of her own! Wishing you all an amazing December with your loved ones!




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks K! We are most certainly feeling the love over here! :)

      Delete
  2. Not cheesy sappy at all!!! This was perfect!

    PS: we both felt like the 2nd pregnancy flew by too. Perhaps that we are busy with the firstborns to pay that much attention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, lol! It makes me sad that it's going so fast because I honestly feel this will be our last. I'm trying my best to celebrate every little thing with stuff like announcement pictures, monthly belly pics and being a better blogger but I still wish I could freeze time for a bit! The odd thing is that while I want to slow time, I can't wait for this little boy to get here, ha! So many mixed emotions. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...