Sunday, March 26, 2017

Outer Space | Nursery Reveal



Our sweet baby boy’s nursery is all finished and is EVERYTHING we envisioned it would be! Ekkkk! It’s the family’s favorite space (pun intended) and basically where we hangout 24/7, yay! Georgia and I have known that we wanted to have an Outer Space themed nursery since before Grace was conceived, and now we find ourselves in total disbelief that we actually have this perfect little room and that there will be a tiny human occupying it very soon. It’s just too crazy amazing and makes us so very happy! :)


As we were trying to conceive Gracie, I found the most amazing painting of a little boy in Outer Space standing on Jupiter surrounded by cool Space stuff. I LOVED it so much that I purchased it on the spot, but when we found out that Grace was a girl, the boy picture didn’t really fit. We then came across a tree decal with owls that we adored and that changed the whole theme of her nursery, big girl room and baby shower to a woodland outdoor adventure theme complete with birdhouses hanging from the ceiling and sky blue walls. Still, our love for everything Outer Space stuck with us and when we found out that we were expecting a boy, we knew that’s what we wanted to create!


Mama’s a bit obsessed with Land of Nod and all of their whimsical and dreamy décor! There are stores in several big cities across the US but not here in New Mexico, unfortunately. However, thanks to the marvelous interwebs, I’ve been able to satisfy my shopping addiction and order everything for little dude’s room, online! We started with the bedding, which we ordered on Cyber Monday at a smokin’ good price and went on to order W’s planets that now hang from the ceiling and a super cool rocket ship that he will one day play with!


It was so much harder to find Outer Space décor than I ever imagined it would be. Because of this, we’ve had to piece stuff together over these past 9 months and even make a few things, which required me to channel my inner DIY mama skills! This, “I love you to the moon and back” painting was the first thing we discovered for the nursery and set the color scheme that we based all other nursery stuff off of. I just love how colorful and bright it is! The happy Sun picture came from Tar.get and I ordered the print of the Little Prince standing on the earth from an artist on Etsy. W’s collage above the changing table also includes a scripture that reads, “He counts all the stars and he calls them by name.” I heart this little collage so much and I’m sure it will be nice to have something adorable to look at while we change our son (and probably get peed on, lol)!


The mural that wraps around two walls of baby boy’s room is our absolute favorite! The artist who created it listened to every details of how we wanted it to look and did an amazing job! It’s funny; many of the people who we told about the Space mural couldn’t really envision black walls in a baby’s nursery. I totally understand that having black walls could look a bit gloomy, but with the artist’s use of blues and white to make stars, it looks happy and colorful and totally makes the room!


Similar to Gracie’s room, we wanted to create a little reading space for baby boy where he could reach books on his own and sit comfortably while learning to be a bookworm! We found his little seat, which is called a Pouf, at Land of Nod and absolutely adore it. It’s comfortable, lightweight and easy to move from room to room. We know this because Grace has enjoyed the use of it in literally every room in our house. I’m thinking we may need to get her one too! I just love that it’s shinny and silver, like a rocket ship!


The bookshelves were purchased at IKEA 3 years ago, when we first started down the path to baby #2. They’re actually spice racks that I hand painted and turned into cute little shelves for W’s collection of books. They’re low and within reach of a toddles hands, which is exactly what we wanted. Above his books is the sweetest little banner that displays his name, William on planets. His banner was handmade by LittleLionLoveLiesCo and I heart it so very much!


The day that we started working on the nursery, I decided that we needed to paint the giant bookshelf that has always been in the guestroom because it was a weird mauve color and didn’t go with little man’s stuff, at all. I thought I could sponge on white paint giving it a textured look and it turned out horribly, haha! It looked like a child painted it, while wearing a blindfold, in the dark! It needed to go, which meant I had to run out and purchase a new bookshelf for Will. I found one that matched his crib and dresser perfectly and was half the size of the one I ruined. And because the new bookshelf was smaller, I was able to place the globe that Georgia’s had since she was a kiddo right on top. Yay!


Nurseries are such a funny thing. You put all this time and effort into creating an adorable space for a newborn that they don’t even really use until they’re a year old, or even older. With that being said, we didn’t feel ready for Will until we finished his room. Something about knowing that he has a space that is special and just for him, gave me a feeling of peace and readiness. We’ve moved tons of adorable clothing into his closet and washed his blankets. Now we just need to clean the rest of our dirty home that has been neglected while we worked on the nursery and pack our bags. Georgia is now 37 weeks + 1 day. Gracie was born at 37 weeks + 4 days, so baby watch 2017 is officially underway.

I’m kind of freaking out over here!


10 comments:

  1. His room is PERFECT. Great job! I can't wait to see the little guy. :) And wow what an organized closet!!! He looks like his wardrobe is set for the first year. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stacey! We're so happy with how everything came out! I told my wife when we finished, "behold, this is our masterpiece!" LOL!

      Delete
  2. His room is absolutely adorable! And magazine worthy! You should submit it to Parenting magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. in answer to your question on my other post, Georgia took 50mg of Clomid with lucky try #6 (when Will was conceived). So excited for you two!!!

      Delete
  3. Haha! Thank you! Will's room is definitely the most popular room in the house currently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! The string art rocket you made Will totally made his room! Thank you, thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. It looks AMAZING! You guys did such a fantastic job :) I love the idea of a little reading area. I want to do this for Teagan because she loves to read. I frequently find her tucked into bed with books all around her. I can't wait to hear of William's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashleigh! Gracie's nursery had a little reading area too and I really think that's why she loves books so much now! I adore the way you decorated the girls big girl rooms! They're going to love growing up in such fun and individualized spaces! :)

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing! We are currently creating a space room for Mr. Fox and you're right, it is hard to find space decor! You guys did an awesome job, what a perfect space!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...