Alright sonnie boy, Mama’s going to come clean with you… you turned 2 months old nearly 4 weeks ago and I’m just now gathering my notes and sitting down to write your two-month post. Gulp... If there is one thing you will learn about your mama over the years, it’s this – I typically have a million things going on at once and I’m not always on time. But guess what? Mama gets all things done eventually and that’s what counts. Right?! Yes, yes, that’s what counts!
You, my boy, are the cutest, happiest, most loveable little stinker in the world and you have your mommy, sister and I wrapped around your cubby little finger! You grew a ton in month two going from 8.7 pounds to 11.1 pounds and you grew 2 whole inches, now “standing” at 23 ¼ inches tall! You can now fit in 3-month clothing but can still squeeze into some of your NB stuff. You can control your head much better now and prefer “tummy time” while lying on me and Mommy’s chest as opposed to the floor (and who can blame you for that, we’re comfy)! You still have a ton of hair that’s grown even longer over this past month and is still just as fluffy as ever. Mommy and I enjoy styling it in a baby mohawk or the cutest little Superman part to the side-do. Basically, you have the best baby hair of any little guy we know and I think anyone who has met you would agree with that!
Here are a few more things about you – our precious TWO-month-old!
* To eat your hands! You ball them into a fist and suck and gnaw on them all day. A fun game Mama plays with you is to pull your hand out of your mouth and bop you on the nose, which makes you crack up every time. :)
* Cartoons! You love them! Mommy and I feel slightly guilty when you sit with sister watching an entire cartoon from beginning to end, but you’re just so into it that we can’t help but let you watch! You usually fall asleep all cozied up on your Boppy while watching, but the fact that you can focus on the television so intently for around 20 minutes before falling asleep is amazing to us!
* Hello Mr. Social Butterfly! Your moms have not been shy about taking you out and about and you love it! This past month you went to birthday parties, swimming with friends, sister’s graduation (where there were about a 100 kiddos that you couldn’t get enough of), Northern NM for a little road trip, bowling with family, sister’s soccer practice and your first ever Pride events! You still sleep most of the time, so we baby wear you, but you will wake up on our adventures to see what all the commotion is about and just smile and let everyone love on you. Mama’s going to wait until the end of the summer to share our Summer Bucket List adventures with pictures of all of these outings and there have been many!
* Sleep! You’re such a great sleeper! You began sleeping through the night when you were just weeks old and have slept like a champ since. I try not to mention this to fellow parents because Mama doesn’t want to brag, but wowzers! Great sleeper! You currently go to bed for the night between 10-11pm and wake between 6:30-7:30am ready to eat! You never wake in the middle of the night crying and you are so easy to put to bed. We usually get you cleaned up, change your diaper and feed you a 4oz bottle of breast milk before putting on your Owlet baby monitor. We then swaddle you and lay you to sleep in your play yard next to Mommy and Mama’s bed. This knocks you out for 7-8 hours straight, every single night. It’s pretty great!
* Your surroundings! You aren’t as into “things” as sister bear was. In fact, we rarely lay you on your activity mat nor do you stare at flashing lights on toys because there is just so much commotion going on around you 24/7 that we don’t need to keep you entertained, haha! You love to watch your sister and Mavie chase each other like a bunch of crazies and you enjoy being propped up on the couch where you can check it all out. Since it’s summer, we occasionally eat outside and you love that too. You look up at the sky and give us the biggest smiles!
* Say “Mum”, “MaaaMaaa” and “Ma” – I swear you can and if you don’t believe me, just ask Mommy! You only say these things when you’re hungry and crying, but it’s amazing to hear when it happens! Now, I will credit myself for this one because from the moment you were born, we’ve practiced saying “Mama” every.single.day and all that brainwashing has obviously worked! Yay!
* Give kisses! You pucker up and kiss us all the time and we LOVE it! You started doing this around 7 weeks and when Mommy told me that you could pucker up for a kiss when asked, I didn’t believe her! Once you showed Mama your trick, I had to get it on video!
* You sure can use that BIG voice of yours. Like, wow! You were such a non-crier in month one that I thought you would remain that way but month two brought screams like nothing we’ve ever heard. You literally go the entire day either smiling away or sleeping – but if you’re hungry and Mommy can’t pump fast enough… Well, the screams that come out of you could make anyones ears burst and it breaks my heart when you cry that hard. Thankfully, it doesn’t happen often!
* Swim! Ok, so technically it’s your Ottero that keeps you afloat but you kick and swish yourself around in circles in the tub moving your little arms like you’re really swimming. It’s so stinkin’ cute!
* SMILE! You smile all the time now but you just started to show us the beginnings of a smile in month two and it melts our hearts every time.